Ceramic Pro (and other coatings)

Wookie

Ordered a new 2500 Hybrid and have been thinking about getting it sprayed with Ceramic Pro or some equivalent. It seems pretty pricey so I was wondering if anyone had any experience. The main thing that would be great to accomplish would be to stop having stains in the nonskid due to fish guts, blood and slime. It also appears that there are a lot of do it yourself products on the market that would save a lot of money. Anyone try that yet? Even if it didn't last as long as long as there is not risk to causing harm to the finish of the boat I think it would be worth doing. 

Thank you for your comments. 

Don't know anything about Ceramic Pro, but I have lots of experience with Woody Wax. I use it about twice a year on my decks and never had a problem with fish blood sticking. The trick is not to let blood or stains sit all day, baking in the sun. I use my wash-down hose a lot. But, if I miss something, it rinses right off back at the dock using a garden hose. 

I have it on my 24TRS. It was applied last spring and had been very effective.  Tar, guts, gulp juice all wash off with minimal scrubbing even after sitting on the lift in the sun all summer. My boat stays in very stained water (tannic) and the hull has been easy to keep clean. I plan on having it redone this winter because the applicator missed the area behind the trailer bunks and will not charge to reapply. BTW those areas are very stained without the coating. 

YMMV

X2 on the Woody Wax....I do a lot of Tarpon and Tripletail fishing on beachfront, so my decks take on a lot of salt spray and blood from pogies and fish...I usually have to apply the Woody Wax about every two months in summer and about twice in the winter time. 

It is a great product and will keep all your deck and non skids looking new....

Archived