E-searider bean bags

localangler

Does anyone use this brand of been bags in their boats? Particularly a Pathy 2200V hull.  I'm looking at the medium teardrop or small wedge. I know the medium teardrop is a bit big but it looks more comfortable, I know it would have to bunch up to fit in a corner, I've only got about 21" at narrowest point. 

8 hours ago, localangler said:

Does anyone use this brand of been bags in their boats? Particularly a Pathy 2200V hull.  I'm looking at the medium teardrop or small wedge. I know the medium teardrop is a bit big but it looks more comfortable, I know it would have to bunch up to fit in a corner, I've only got about 21" at narrowest point. 

I have two E-searider small wedge bags for my 21MA.  My buddy also uses 2 small wedges in his pathfinder.  I absolutely recommend them.  Very comfortable, especially in a pathfinder where there is nowhere to sit. 

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_3429.jpg

1 hour ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Nice set up for days at the sandbar....you can Kick Ar3e in comfort running the chop with that set up.

dc

They are very comfortable.  I can fish with mine on board.  I walk the aircraft carrier gunnels.  They don't get in the way.  I'd say with a pathfinder they would be strictly for cruising. 

There are 2 premium bean bag makers. E-searider and Oceantamer. I bought an E-searider large wedge two years ago. It was an immediate hit with the wife. We decided to buy a second. I screwed up and thought it was an  Oceantamer. Bought the Oceantamer and discovered their large wedge was wider and a little higher. Other than that.....both are equal!.

The narrower large wedge E-searider fits a PF much better, either far aft for the smoothest ride or amidship for a good view.

A boating essential with the family.

27 minutes ago, dcathey said:

https://e-searider.com/wedge-marine-bean-bag-small

i have a 22 pf and 2 little ones. Is this the desirable size? The small wedge? $99

If the little ones are less than, say, 10 years old, my opinion is YES. Adults might be more comfortable in a large. We put kids at any speed above idle in the back, over the deck drains, to give them the leaning post legs to hold on to and a smoother ride.

Lap it Up

Is there enough room for adults to fit on the bags next to the console or to the rear just in front of the bulkhead?  I like you setup and I know my girlfriend would fall in love with it.  I am not too worried about her fitting as she is tiny but I'm not so tiny and see myself doing less driving if I had one of those.:D

1 hour ago, mulligan said:

Lap it Up

Is there enough room for adults to fit on the bags next to the console or to the rear just in front of the bulkhead?  I like you setup and I know my girlfriend would fall in love with it.  I am not too worried about her fitting as she is tiny but I'm not so tiny and see myself doing less driving if I had one of those.:D

Mulligan,  Almost everyone that has sat in my boat has gone on to purchase their own set.  They really do transform the ride and experience.  I can slide them anywhere beside the console from the rear bulk head all the way up to the front to kick your feet up on the deck.  You can lean back comfortably.  They do not fold or topple over.  I don't know if the deck is the same width on a 21RF.  The small wedges are just fine for adults.  I have had no complaints from a variety of different people.

PS... they can blow out of the boat if no one is in them and you are running over 50 mph!  Don't ask me how I know this!  :D

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:47 AM, Lap it Up said:

I have two E-searider small wedge bags for my 21MA.

I have 3 swivel chairs, and they are nice when running, but I don't like them when fishing. Always in the way getting to the livewell. Thinking of going back to a bench cushion and maybe 2 of those wedge bags for long runs.

When not used, do these fit in any of the hatches on a 21?

Hoping the giant storage hatch under the bench seat will work, as I keep that empty.

22 minutes ago, captpn said:

I have 3 swivel chairs, and they are nice when running, but I don't like them when fishing. Always in the way getting to the livewell. Thinking of going back to a bench cushion and maybe 2 of those wedge bags for long runs.

When not used, do these fit in any of the hatches on a 21?

Hoping the giant storage hatch under the bench seat will work, as I keep that empty.

Honestly I have not tried to fit them in that hatch.  You may be able to squeeze one in there but I doubt two will fit. 

4 hours ago, localangler said:

Frozen, do you happen to have pictures of the wedges in the back of a pathy? And what size pathy are they in?

I do not right now. I will be able to take and send/post beginning of next week when we go to the place in Homosassa. I have a 22TE.

You are right though. Storage is a small problem. After a long run, I nest the bags together and slide under the leaning post seat(where the big Yeti goes). That gets them out of the way.Then we fish. If I take the Yeti, it rides just fine in front of the forward cooler seat. They will not fit in a TE front storage compartment. If I had a T-top, that’s where they would go for fishing.

My wife beat the drum initially for a pontoon or deck boat. To me, that’s like having a mini van to fish out of. The bags made her happy and she has forgotten about the pontoon boat. (I hope!)

I went through the same thing you are a few months ago.  I ended up going with a small teardrop from E-searider for my son to use on my 22TE.  I have also had adults sit on it and they were comfortable as well.  You don't sink in as much as you would with a larger version but it is still comfortable to sit on.  I don't think you could fit anything much larger unless you put it in front of the console.  The wedges would have worked as well but they caused the rider to sit more upright and I was looking for something my son could sleep in if needed (and he has). 

I store mine either on top of my T-top or under the leaning post.  Here is a post I made about my decision with pictures. 

I'll second silverking's comments on the Small Teardrop from e-sea-rider.  I bought two for my kids to sit in on the HPX and they have been fantastic.  Large enough for an adult no problem but small enough that they do not take up entirely too much space, when space is limited. 

• 2 weeks later...

One question on these - can you refill, replace the beans in these?  I bought a couple from West Marine made by taylor made (no longer carried by WM) and they had zippers . .  . but the zippers dont work.  a little over a year later the beans were flattened out and I cant refill them.  WM has been great about replacing them, but I want to make sure future ones can be refilled.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 2:08 PM, whichwaysup said:

One question on these - can you refill, replace the beans in these?  I bought a couple from West Marine made by taylor made (no longer carried by WM) and they had zippers . .  . but the zippers dont work.  a little over a year later the beans were flattened out and I cant refill them.  WM has been great about replacing them, but I want to make sure future ones can be refilled.

There is a zipper on the bean bags that allow you the ability to change out the beans.  I have not had to try and use it yet so not sure how easy it is to open or if it suffers from getting frozen over time.  Both marine bean bag companies sell replacement beans that are made to get wet vs. the standard beans you can find elsewhere.  

All you owners of these things, a little tip in case you didn't save the instructions.   I just got mine today, and having been down the beanbag rodeo once already (and knowing that those beans wear out long before the bag does), I immediately tested the zipper . . .  It didn't budge.

I was about ready to send it back, when my lovely and much more intelligent wife grabbed the instructions and pointed out that the zipper has a locking mechanism where the little pull tab is supposed to be (the pull tab is removed for safety reasons }:().   Sure enough, with a magnifying glass, I discovered a tiny, stainless steel lever inside the zipper eyelet.   Using a fishing hook I had laying around and inserting it into the eyelet, I pulled up and viola!   She unzips smoothly. . .  and of course beans go everywhere..

So - if and when you need to add more beans to your bags (Big Joe beans are highly recommended), make sure you use a paperclip or hook shank to pull up on the zipper handle.   

Archived