Jump to content

18' Master Angler ( Not Mine but WOW)


FLSnookhunter
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm in the market for one of these, and saw this early this morning.  I'm out of town for a few weeks but trying to have a friend go look.  I'm skeptical of the "never used".  Maybe it's my phone but I see some holes in places there shouldn't be any, some sketchy looking sea-dek type material, etc.  I'll report back if I get a chance to have someone see it just in case anyone here is interested.  Could be a pretty good deal even with fix up money, if its legit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MontyFisher said:

I'm in the market for one of these, and saw this early this morning.  I'm out of town for a few weeks but trying to have a friend go look.  I'm skeptical of the "never used".  Maybe it's my phone but I see some holes in places there shouldn't be any, some sketchy looking sea-dek type material, etc.  I'll report back if I get a chance to have someone see it just in case anyone here is interested.  Could be a pretty good deal even with fix up money, if its legit.

The difficulty with any boat like that is the inability to determine the true number of hours on the motor, which then necessitates other assessments.  The hull certainly doesn't look like just "143 hours."

That said, if a detailing can get it looking cleaner, the motor does well on a leak down test, and there is no need to replace the fuel tank, then at that price it's a very good buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, MontyFisher said:

Also I forgot to ask.  I'm assuming this could only be bought with the understanding that cutting out the fuel tank is almost a given.  Anyone have an estimate on what that may run to have it done and look right?  I know that's a loaded question, I'm just looking for a rough ballpark if anyone knows?

I think its really hit or miss with the fuel tanks. There's some pre 1990 Master Anglers whos fuel tanks are still going strong. I would get the boat inspected and if it checks out its a deal. Fuel tank replacement on these runs between 3 and 5k from what i've been quoted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

Only thing I question are the hours. Newer control box and steering wheel. Could have easily replaced gauges to show lower hours. Take a boat with 2500 hours on it, buy a new gauge, and bam it has 0 hours!

I have a 1994 ProV on a pontoon with of the year Yamaha gauges.  Those gauges do not record hours.  My 1998 RF with original gauges didn't record hours and neither does my 1998 21MA.  My guess is the boat got newer (2000's) style gauges down the road or has an actual hour meter installed to record hours.  Regardless of hours its overpriced with that outboard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lap it Up said:

I have a 1994 ProV on a pontoon with of the year Yamaha gauges.  Those gauges do not record hours.  My 1998 RF with original gauges didn't record hours and neither does my 1998 21MA.  My guess is the boat got newer (2000's) style gauges down the road or has an actual hour meter installed to record hours.  Regardless of hours its overpriced with that outboard. 

I would have to question "overpriced".  If that outhoard runs well and the boat is in good condition,, 12-13k is a pretty solid deal.  At some point, these things hit the bottom of their depreciation curve and just maintain their value.  with a running engine, this thing is pretty close to that point.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I gave this more thought last night and I'm going to continue my search for something newer.  Pricing this out and looking at pretty sure things - a repower and cut up boat for fuel tank, let alone wiring, etc. - and i'm DEEP into the $ and still have a 25 year old boat.  If anyone scoops it up for a song, post up some pics and give us the skinny!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

I would have to question "overpriced".  If that outhoard runs well and the boat is in good condition,, 12-13k is a pretty solid deal.  At some point, these things hit the bottom of their depreciation curve and just maintain their value.  with a running engine, this thing is pretty close to that point.  

I'd say it would need to be near the 9-10k mark to be a "good" deal with that power on the back.  Nice boat nonetheless.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2018 at 6:26 AM, whichwaysup said:

I would have to question "overpriced".  If that outhoard runs well and the boat is in good condition,, 12-13k is a pretty solid deal.  At some point, these things hit the bottom of their depreciation curve and just maintain their value.  with a running engine, this thing is pretty close to that point.  

A leak down test and a fuel tank inspection by someone with expertise in that area are what the deal hinges on in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...