Pathfinder Boat Cover

WATERTIMEinshore

Looking into a cover for my 23HPS and have gotten a quote from a canvas company for 2k for a full cover. After doing some internet research i have come across a company that makes what i am assuming to be a generic cover but they do as for the manufacture and specific model for at half the price. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this route and what the fitment and quality is like. Attached is the link to the website for reference. Pic's would be greatly appreciated if anyone has purchased one from a this or a similar online company so I can get an idea of how it might look.

https://www.nationalboatcovers.com/y/PATHFINDER--BOAT--CO--INC/2300--HPS_CC/2018.html

Thanks

I have had good luck with Carver covers on my last few boats. I actually purchased one for my current 2400 to cover the t-top and all. I purchased the cover before I even picked up the boat and when I got the boat home I found a custom cover that was made for the boat stuffed inside the cooler. The custom one is really nice quality but is made to keep the top of the t-top exposed and the Carver will cover the entire boat. I use the Carver all the time and the expensive custom one just sits in the garage.  

I’ve owned two Carver boat covers....one for my PF 2400v and now my PF 2200XL...the current one is 5 years old and still sheds water and has no holes or torn seams...it was about $ 600 and works very well...I would not hesitate to buy another Carver boat cover.

Does it fit absolutely custom = No , but I put a tennis ball on a 2 ft tall piece of pvc and stick in leaning post center rod holder and it takes care of the slack in the drop of cover and keeps the water running off during a rain.  

My friend that had a cover made for his Robalo, has a really neat feature made into the cover. The material hangs down to cover the entire sides and then extends about 4" longer below the bottom of the boat. There is a hem sewn all the way around the cover at the bottom. Inside the hem is a strap that terminates on one side and it has a S/S ratchet ( just like a ratchet strap for securing stuff). Once you get the cover on, you just ratchet the strap tight and the entire cover tightens up and is secure. No straps, bungees or ropes to contend with. 

I bought a custom cover from an mbgforum member two years ago.  Not sure where it was made (I can find out) but it fits great, and trailerable. I only use it to pull the boat down to the keys once a year and keep it covered when the boat stays down there in he spring for two months.  It’s made of sunbrella material.  Pics attached. I’m assuming it originally cost somewhere in the 1,200-1,500 range...DEE72ABE-7F65-423A-83DF-086101F21CF0.thumb.jpeg.437215fc1d9f382c6f2ae3ac496b46da.jpeg

FF6CF008-ECCA-46A0-9635-C3908E6F301B.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a Carver cover for my 23 HPS that I would be willing to sell. It's the Sunbrella fabric in grey color and I paid around $600 for it. 

The cover has been great, but I built a garage about a year after buying the cover and boat stays inside now. 

There is one small hole where I cranked the straps down too tight and the skeg on the trolling motor poked through. It could be patched easily enough, probably 3-4 inches long. It also does not allow any water or anything inside the cover when it's on, so could leave as is. I'll take $400 for it if you're interested. It has 10 year warranty, so still plenty remaining. 

https://www.carvercovers.com/styled-to-fit-boat-covers/

Let me know if interested.

Josh B.

Archived