Gel Coat or Fiberglass cracks

BradLabo

Hello,

I own a 2010 2200 TE Pathfinder with roughly 600hrs on it. I was under the boat fixing trailer wires and I noticed that there were some cracks in the hull. They did not appear to be deep cracks but there were approx 20 inches long on both the port and starboard side and they appeared to be right where the stringers run. I am wondering if these look like gelcoat cracks or if they are more serious and they are something to be concerned about. The only reason i am concerned at this moment is the where the cracks are. Please let me know your thoughts and how i should proceed!

IMG_3183.HEIC

2 hours ago, nhinshoreangler said:

You will get a bunch of different opinions, some will scare you. Bring the boat to an experienced glass shop, get the hull check structurally. Chances are it is from hull flex, possibly from the trailer. If the hull is structurally fine, those cracks can be ground out and re-glassed. Best of luck.

Agreed with Nshore...

OP: where are you located...if you are within 3-4 hr drive of factory....take it to the factory.........as mentioned, could be something...could be nothing....if you are not near the factory....take it your local dealer and have them look at it and have a professional assessment....and then go from there.....

DC

Thanks for the quick replies.. I think i am going to try to reach out to Pathfinder to hopefully either bring the boat in or get some answers. I am hoping I am just being over cautious. Just thought it was odd the location and the fact that the cracking was on both sides.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived