1997 17’ Master Angler whatcha thinkin?

FLSnookhunter

I recently helped a friend locate a boat and he settled on a 2003 17' MA.  It's in really good condition with lower hours.  I seem to recall he paid around $15K.  I did a search of all the MA For Sale listings to help determine a fair price.  Perhaps you can do the same.  Good luck--it's a nice looking boat and so versatile.  

Sorry, but 9-12 seems low, or at least the 9 portion does..  I know 18s go for significantly more, but I have been tracking the final sales prices of 18 sales over the past 4 years.  They are going up, and they are generally between 16 and 23, depending on year and condition.   I would think that boat would easily get something north of 10k at the low end.  But I think you are seeing a good range here.  

Its a 21 year old 17 master angler, 1 year younger than me!  2003-2007 18 master anglers are regularly listed for 17-25k all day long. Most in the 25k range sit too.  While its still a great boat and has the right options, you wont be getting anywhere close to 16-20k, especially this time of year. 

This has been listed a month:

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/boa/d/rockledge-maverick-master-angler/6755815566.html

13 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

This has been listed a month:

interesting boat...but, appears to be painted ?  could be the reason...or the location....unless it's a "great deal" many people won't drive that far from So Fla where a lot of the buyers are located....

BTW OP: the market will tell you the price....remember, you can always go down, but, up after offers is a bit more difficult :)   Although I did offer more than what was being asked on my MA17 to outbid another buyer who had been fishing with the seller....she realized I was serious and I got the skiff....havent' looked back for $500....plus I got a  brand new great push pole from her for part of the deal.....

dc

• 2 months later...

Archived