Sideways or upside down photo - easy how-to fix

geeviam

This works with MS Windows - not sure about Apple products. For those of us who post pictures from our cell phones that are sometimes inverted or sideways, here's a quick fix. Open the picture in the default photo viewer on a PC or laptop and click one of the rotate buttons at the bottom until the image is right-side up. Then close the window (photo viewer). That's it. It saves the picture file with the corrected orientation. Examples attached. If anyone knows of other ways to edit the pictures, please chime in. Thanks

Fix_Inverted1.jpg

Fix_Inverted2.jpg

Fix_Inverted3.jpg

I post pics from my I phone. I have set a few pics straight for members and reposted. 

Open the pic on ur phone to edit it. Rotate it one time (as in on its side ) and click done. Close the pic and reopen it. Edit the pick By roaring it around to straight up. Click Done once more. 

I do not know why saving it sideways and then saving it in correct orientation on the phone changes the way the site translates the image but it does 

hope this helps 

HoneyB , no need to toss your genius homemade name tag out , you , geeviam and anyone else that can walk down the street looking at your phone and straighten out things that others post on this forum without even thinking about it are electronic computer guru’s . So put that HoneyB genius name tag back on your shirt . The world needs a couple technical advisors to help out us computer challenged forum members .

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2019 at 11:01 AM, HoneyB said:

I post pics from my I phone. I have set a few pics straight for members and reposted. 

Open the pic on ur phone to edit it. Rotate it one time (as in on its side ) and click done. Close the pic and reopen it. Edit the pick By roaring it around to straight up. Click Done once more. 

I do not know why saving it sideways and then saving it in correct orientation on the phone changes the way the site translates the image but it does 

hope this helps 

HoneyB, you must be a genius. I cannot figure this out. Trying to resolve this is going to turn me into a raving madman. I thought the issue was fixed because I was able to post normally oriented pictures for the longest time. I'm back to sideways shots. Might be time for Elmer T Lee, or Blanton's (Black label)!

Boys, another solution, much simpler.  Follow these steps when viewing on phone when it isnt oriented properly:

Option 1:  Redneck Geek method

undo auto rotate on your phone settings,

rotate phone to desire orientation

rinse and repeat

Option 2:  Redneck method:

Place phone in verticle position

Stand on head or lay on side to gain proper orientation

Option 3:  What I do

View pic upside down

Use imagination

move on to next post 

Warning, Occassionally these methods can induce seasickness, use at your own risk.

Archived