Life jacket storage 22te

Bloch776

I keep 6 standard LJs in the forward center dry(?) compartment in a WM standard canvas case. I compress the bag and slide it portside under the hatch close piston. It’s a tight fit but it leaves about half of the compartment free for SO’s “stuff”. I keep my ditch bag w/ PLB, first aid, general survival stuff, etc. on the stern bilge compartment shelf. Throwable is in center console. One of the rod lockers has a gaff/ dock hook collapsed pole, anchor light pole, and collapsed dive flag pole. That leaves one rod locker open for more of SOS stuff. The cast net floor locker usually has a 5 gallon bucket w/ “swim noodle” seat used as a potty for SO. 

I did buy VersaMats off Amazon to line most compartments. They keep the LJs, towels, etc. much dryer as it elevates all out of the small puddles in the compartments. Air is your friend for keeping down mold and mildew on the LJ case.

96099C94-D3A0-4D6B-ADAA-F406BE915DAB.thumb.jpeg.7e13b1f270a73677c5621a6baabd833b.jpegHope this helps and I too am looking for better ways to do it!

Definitely going to have to look into to those mats. I guess that’s the issue I run into especially when loaded down to go diving, I don’t like stuff out on the deck and The wife’s “stuff” tends to take up most of center forward compartment. I may try to squeeze the jackets in the bag and shove them to one side to see how much room I have left 

8 hours ago, Bamaskeet said:

Most people store their life preservers in the center front hatch.  My only advise is if you store them in a zippered bag, leave the zipper open.  I have had a number of life preserver bag zippers that no longer worked.

X2.......I do the same. I was stopped recently by FWC and had a great deal of trouble getting it open to show him 6. He didn’t say anything but it got me thinking about accessing fast!

Archived