WTB Pathfinder 2200, 4 stroke, around $30K, in southeast

Starshooter

Looking for a 2200 TE, or possibly an early 2200 TRS.

Prefer a 4 stroke, no T-top, front and back cushions requested by the fam-damily.

Just sold my boat, ready to upgrade, would like to stay around $30,000, but will definitely stretch the budget for the right boat!

Willing to drive the southeast for a very clean boat, please respond by PM or call/text to Nine, 04, six one four, nine 33 two.

Maybe the market has softened a little but I was looking for same thing this summer -not even specific on TE model - and didn’t have any luck. 

Issue I found was most of the boats in that price range are the older models with hpdi’s or a few high hour F150’s. Don't get me wrong,  there is nothing wrong with those, in fact I was looking to replace mine with HPDI that was stolen.  I just wanted a 4S this time around.  

I assume you’ve seen the white one with Zuk 150 on here?  Not a TE, and slightly out of budget, but looks like a nice clean boat with newer power.  

9 hours ago, justfish said:

Maybe the market has softened a little but I was looking for same thing this summer -not even specific on TE model - and didn’t have any luck. 

Issue I found was most of the boats in that price range are the older models with hpdi’s or a few high hour F150’s. Don't get me wrong,  there is nothing wrong with those, in fact I was looking to replace mine with HPDI that was stolen.  I just wanted a 4S this time around.  

I assume you’ve seen the white one with Zuk 150 on here?  Not a TE, and slightly out of budget, but looks like a nice clean boat with newer power.  

I contacted him. I would much rather have new power and a fresh start, than a third livewell and a worn out hpdi.  I am a serious guide (230 plus trips a year) and ran a 2200 T and this boat for the last 4 seasons.  Guess how many times I used the forward livewell on the tournament, zero times, I stored cast nets in it.  I am willing to work with serious buyers, but people are so picky, especially those who fish three times a month.  I find the 2200v way more economical, light weight and easier to work around people while fishing.  I also like the ride better and can get the bow down a little more in sloppier conditions due to having a little more tab in the back, ( l really don’t like recessed tabs) I can go on and on why I like the 2200V over the tournament, but some people are set on what they like and that’s totally ok.  I have ran and worked the heck out of both boats and can honestly say the third live well isn’t worth the headache you will receive with an hpdi, or 3000 hour engine.  

DA7DA852-8A16-4A81-939C-E2F3C6311642.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the replies and suggestions.

I've done a ton of research and am pretty set on what I am looking for, call me picky, that's OK. A very clean, nicely optioned, well maintained, 2007-2012 TE or TRS, in the $25-35K range. Going back thru the classifieds, there have been half a dozen examples over the past few years, and I'm patient, and can wait for the right boat. I hope that eventually a forum member, contemplating selling, that can appreciate a cash buyer (no financing issues), with wife's approval (critical), and ready to close quickly, will reach out. Until then I'll continue to scan this great forum and The Hull Truth's forum, dig thru Craigslist from Houston to Norfolk, and keep an eye on Boat Trader. Am I missing anywhere I should be looking?

Being blessed to live on the water, and keep her on a lift, I fish pretty often. I fished a Maverick HPX V for ten years, however at my age (50+), I need a more stable vessel. We'd also like to make the hour or two runs to Pine Island, St Augustine, Bird Island and Cumberland Island.  With a ton of bait available off my dock, I fish live bait almost exclusively.  There is a real appeal in not having to move from the bow to the back of the boat every time I need a fresh mud minnow or mullet. I also think the weight of a full bait well forward will help quite a bit with trim.

Ironically, I did just miss a 2010, TE with F250, 750 hours, no trailer, here in Jax, asking $29,500 on Boattrader, and the kicker; the boat was literally blocks from my house.

Looking back thru the classifieds this 2008 is the closest I've found that would fit the bill. $35K ask, a year ago. I wouldn't let a beauty like this get away. I'd place a deposit, inspect and tow her home as quickly as I could!

image.png

Archived