Pathfinder 2000V

Lawlmens

I'm running a 74lb, 24V on my 1900. Pretty much the same boat as yours. I just purchased a Kipawa 3 blade prop for the trolling motor. The trolling motor was on the boat when I purchased it. It does fine here in GA, but I would get the strongest one possible if I were purchasing a new one. As for prop suggestions for the boat, go with a 4 blade.

I’m running a Power tech 4 blade prop on my Yam F150   It’s the one Marcus at PowerTech recommended specific for this hull without a jack plate.  It has helped with the porpoising issue this hull is known for vs the 3 blade I had prior.  I still have to use the trim tabs but not as much.  I don’t remember the exact model but they will know what works.  

I'm running an 06 Pathy 2000v.  Power Tech 4 blade (not sure on pitch) and wound't think of getting less than a 36v after upgrading from a 24v.  Many reasons this is a better setup for me.  I fish heavy cover in some lakes and I can pull right through the grass and pads with ease and can do it all day.  It will wear out a 24v battery down much quicker.  In the salt, it will hold in some swift currents where the 24 could be pushed around a bit and it burns up some battery there as well.  And 60" for me so I can fight the big rollers without blowing the prop out of the water.

12 hours ago, rubble said:

I'm running an 06 Pathy 2000v.  Power Tech 4 blade (not sure on pitch) and wound't think of getting less than a 36v after upgrading from a 24v.  Many reasons this is a better setup for me.  I fish heavy cover in some lakes and I can pull right through the grass and pads with ease and can do it all day.  It will wear out a 24v battery down much quicker.  In the salt, it will hold in some swift currents where the 24 could be pushed around a bit and it burns up some battery there as well.  And 60" for me so I can fight the big rollers without blowing the prop out of the water.

Can you look on your prop and tell us the style and pitch of your prop? I’d like to get an idea of ones to be looking at when I start testing different props in a few weeks.

SCE4R19PLC200

12207-005-001-001

I don't have any major issues with this prop.  It isn't perfect but it gets the boat running and doesn't have a horrible time with porpoising.  The prop appears design to mitigate some of the issues related to the 2000v model.  One thing I still have an issue with that kind of drives me nuts is making sharp turns.  The prop tends to blow out (lose grip) but that isn't a prop issue.  I think it is an issue with how the trim tabs are mounted to the back of the boat.   Something is creating aerated water causing the prop to just spin.  Only thing we can come up with is the tabs.  

As far as performance, I can run in the 40s if I'm loaded to the tilt.  If a few people with minimum gear I can top 50.  Don't like it.  I'm happy at cruising 35 and can do that loaded or not without any issues.  

I had a 2007. Only go 60". A 24" is okay go 36v if you can. If you fish strong tides it will not move you with a 24v. Trust me, at the time I had a 24v and the boat would not move in a hill tide. With That said I now have a 22 with a 24v but I don't get to fish those tides as much so it is what it is. My 21 and 22TE had 36v and they work like a dream and run all day.  

Archived