In line check valves

budwagon1274

1 hour ago, budwagon1274 said:

I have a 2005 2000v and One of my In-line check valves between  the deck and outside scupper has broken off.I was thinkingabout not replacing it and putting a Piece of hose in between,anybody do this any issues?

I took my in-line check valves out on my 22PF and installed a shut off valve I got at a plumping supply  

I then added the raybuds...problem solved...water flowed and if you had a lot of weight on the stern when reef fishing while standing, I would just shut the valves and it worked fine....NOTE: THIS IS A MAJOR SAFETY ISSUE !!!!   BUT, I PAID ATTENTION.

IF YOU FORGET TO OPEN THE VALVES -  THE COCKPIT WILL FILL WITH WATER  IF YOU FORGET AND LEAVE IT IN THE WATER OVERNIGHT AND IT RAINS....FOR MY PREVIOUS STYLE OF FISHING - I USED TO YELLOWTAIL WITH 100 LBS OF CHUM ON BOARD, IT WAS A REQUIREMENT, AS WE'D STAND ON THE STERN WITH A LIVE WELL FULL OF BALLYHOO OR OTHER BAITS.....AND I'D  USE THE REAR HATCH TO ICE DOWN THE TAILS....WE'D COME BACK WITH OUR LIMITS ON MOST TRIPS...THE BOAT WAS FULL OF OATMEAL, CHUM AND OTHER CRAP THAT WOULD FILL THE DRAINS.

THE RAYBUDS ARE NOT A SAFETY ISSUE AND WILL STOP THE INTRUSION....NON OEM CHECKVALVES ARE AVAILABLE AS WELL AT A HIGH QUALITY PLUMBING SUPPLY.

DC

Probably won’t go the route of the valves because odds are I will forget, not too concerned with water coming back in the boat it does that already, As long as it’s not too outrageous.I do reef fish from time to time so I am use to standing in water. I was debating putting the ray buds on they seem to get good reviews.

2 hours ago, smooth move said:

i just carry a pair of 1 1/2" plumbers plugs with one side of the flange cut off, to fit in the drain hole. if we start having a water problem with too much weight in the stern, i pop em in.  i always remember to take em out  when washing down,cause boat holds water.

Do the same. Told the 03 2200v did not come with check valves.

12 hours ago, smooth move said:

i just carry a pair of 1 1/2" plumbers plugs with one side of the flange cut off, to fit in the drain hole. if we start having a water problem with too much weight in the stern, i pop em in.  i always remember to take em out  when washing down,cause boat holds water.

Yep. Best advice out there concerning this issue....

Archived