New 2018 2200TRS

GrayAngelfish

Just got a new 2018 2200TRS that I'll be picking up hopefully next weekend. This will be my first pathfinder. Anything not obvious that you all would recommend doing to a new boat, anything to stay away from doing, any absolute must have accessories that I should pick up? (hopefully picture uploads properly, not very good with forums)

IMG_5588 4.HEIC

9 hours ago, GrayAngelfish said:

Got 2 out of 3 on the list. I wouldn't own a boat without GPS I legitimately have GPS on my kayak, and the dealer threw in a powerpole in the package I got. I've never fished a boat with a TM but I will definitely have to try take a ride on a buddies boat with one. Thanks.

Once you try the GPS trolling motor you won't want a boat without one. I use it more than my power pole and I never thought I would. 

Last year I purchased a 2018 TRS that replaced a 2004 2200V that was also purchased new. My Minnkota Ultera trolling motor is by far the most important feature on the new boat. This unit deploys and stows automatically. On a typical inshore trip it will be deployed multiple times, really too numerous to count. This saves time and energy when you don't have to manually deploy the motor.There is also a feature that allows for five foot adjustments once the spot lock is turned on to manipulate around structure. I very seldom use the power pole and never use the anchor

On 3/3/2019 at 8:40 PM, CG RYAN said:

Once you try the GPS trolling motor you won't want a boat without one. I use it more than my power pole and I never thought I would. 

So true. My first one was on a 18' Andros. Had it for two years and never used an anchor once and only the PP a few times.  It would lock in place on fat tides. 

Archived