Pathfinder 2001 2200V inspection—what to look out for?

q0rban

Hi there, newbie to the forum.

I'm hoping to be a Pathfinder owner soon. I am under contract on a repowered 2001 2200v, and was wondering what specific things to look for on this year of hull. I did see some posts about water collecting on the fuel tank on some years of the 22. Anything else specific to these years or this model?

Thank you in advance!

I have the same boat...my first boat and I love it, does everything I wanna do. The only issue I had on mine were the deck drain tubes...they are corregated plastic that got very brittle over time. PITA to replace, but you should take a peek at yours if you get water in the bilge that you cant explain.

Thanks @raymo! I will check that out. Do you still have your original gas tank in yours? I haven't seen many threads around on replacing the tank in these, which makes me think that either not many people have done it, or that they were so scarred by the experience that they didn't want any reminders of it floating around on the internet.

i had a 2001 year model 2400V for 11 years...over 2500 hours on her when I sold ( started with OFX66- 200 HP and put a F250 on her in 2008 ) anyway....original everything below deck and had no issues with wiring or fuel tank. I then bought a 2009 year model 2200XL in 2012 and it still has original fuel tank with no issues so far....

12 hours ago, q0rban said:

I am under contract on a repowered 2001 2200v, and was wondering what specific things to look for on this year of hul

1.) get a marine surveyor to do an inspection - worth the $250 or so $$$$

2.) 18 year old fuel tank - check this carefully - this could be a problem in the next 3-5 years

3.) Trailer - what year?  when was it last rebuilt?

4.) Engine- have a good marine mechanic do a full check over - what year is the repower.

Might cost you $300 or so $, but, will save you a few thousand in the future - even a marine survey is no guarantee - but, at least it can be something you have as a reference.  They will check everything and then give you a $$ amount what the remedy will cost to fix.

Good luck...

dc

no issues with the fuel tank on my boat. I did have some wiring issues (poor grounds, etc) but that was the previous owner not doing a few small things under the console correctly. I rewired the boat myself just for piece of mind and I like lots of toys (stereo, ipilot, powerpole, etc)

I bet I have 1500+ hours on the carbed VMAX and it runs like a top!

Archived