Prop Size

fin-addict

just got my boat back from being serviced. Asked to check prop size, told it is 14x20, and thought it is a Yamaha prop but not sure as it does not have a name on it. Sounded strange to me that size. Looked it up and could not find any prop matching size except for a  4 blade. It’s on a 150 vmax hpdi. Does that sound right !!!. Mine is a 3 blade. Max 43 @ 5500. Thanks, fin 😃

Did a little more searching, found Power Tech 3 blade in 14x20 for 150hp Yam but did not state for vmax as others did state for vmax in other sizing. Thought my prop would have manuf. name on it as others do. 

You are Turing your prop at 5500 rpm. I think that is the high recommended rpm on the Hpdi engines . It probably is a factory yamaha prop. I had a couple in smaller yamaha motors that were stamped on the hub like you describe. So are you looking for more speed out of your engine? 

18 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

You are Turing your prop at 5500 rpm. I think that is the high recommended rpm on the Hpdi engines . It probably is a factory yamaha prop. I had a couple in smaller yamaha motors that were stamped on the hub like you describe. So are you looking for more speed out of your engine? 

No, speed is fine. Size just seemed odd to me. Would like to know what others are running with this set up. Specs state 4600-5600 if not mistaken. Thanks, fin

2 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

Probably need to add what boat you are running it on but someone must have matched the prop for max rpm at wot. 

It’s on the signature line. 03 2200v w/150 vmax hpdi, t-top stand through tower,  troll n tabs on back, tm on bow to give you an idea of wt. sorry for not stating boat in the post. My bad !!

I didn’t see it on my phone sorry man not trying to be difficult. 

I don’t know man they say those 2200’s are fairly light but a 150 on a 22 foot boat with t top it sounds like someone set your boat up pretty well.a lot of guys will say they are running Powertech ofx 3 or 4 blades but if you are not having issue getting on plane I wouldn’t change too much. 

55 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

I didn’t see it on my phone sorry man not trying to be difficult. 

I don’t know man they say those 2200’s are fairly light but a 150 on a 22 foot boat with t top it sounds like someone set your boat up pretty well.a lot of guys will say they are running Powertech ofx 3 or 4 blades but if you are not having issue getting on plane I wouldn’t change too much. 

No problem guy. Getting up on plane is fast, great hole shot. No complaints or setup at all. 😃fin

22 minutes ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Per Marcus' suggestions on propping my new engine, I'm going to test a PowerTech PFO4 in 14x19"pitch. That's 2 inches more pitch than the 130 Yammie I was running. I'm hoping for good things....... the 14x20 doesn't sound too unreasonable.

What did you find out about Yamaha props fitting Suzuki’s ? 

3 hours ago, fishmanjj said:

What did you find out about Yamaha props fitting Suzuki’s ? 

There is a smaller 15 spline on the Zuke140 that is not the same as the Yamaha 150 and above. If the diameter of the prop isn't too great, it appears some of the props can be rehubbed to fit which ever motor you want to put it on.

Archived