Switch panel back lights

GrayAngelfish

I got a new 2200TRS a few days ago and today was the first time I've had it out after sunset. I believe the switch panel backlights are supposed to illuminate when either the nav lights or anchor lights are on but mine don't come on at all. Curious if anyone has had any issues with their backlighting and if they knew where the power wire for the light is (it's a 2018 so it has the new horizontal panel). I am an electrician by trade so if I can find the wire it would be an easy fix as I assume it just didn't get hooked up. Just trying to avoid having to give the boat back to the dealer for any length of time especially since they're close to 2 hours away. Thanks in advance. 

Good luck with this... notorious problem. As far as I know, nobody has been able to keep one working very long. My brand new boat they worked about 3 months and broke. I had dealer replace them... those worked for about 2 months... and I just said screw it after that. Not worth my time to keep taking the boat back to fix what is obviously a faulty component. I know of plenty of others who've had the same issue. I've been rolling about 2.5 years without them now, I just know where all the switches are by memory at this point and can turn them on/off in dark.

Josh B.

That's a little frustrating. You'd think for the price of these boats they could figure out something that works. I will still give it to the dealer at least once since mine is a brand new boat I've had less than a week and has never worked and I will hopefully be doing quite a bit of night fishing come summer time being down here in the keys.  

• 3 years later...

The fiber optic LED used is known to be a bit inconsistent in its durability.  Both my pathys Ive had them go out... last one I took to dealer and replaced with the same one and it worked for the 7 years I owned it.  On the current one I decided to do something different that I posted above.  Theres some better stuff out there now so Im likely going to re do mine using a lumitec moray strip that will allow color and dimming to be controlled right from the switch

https://www.lumiteclighting.com/moray-flex-light-with-integrated-controller-1.html

• Like 2