From Days Past - Yellow Tailing Info For Heweymagoo - 11 min - enjoy

Wanaflatsfish

ote:

FROM MY DAYS OF PAST TAIL'N....WHEN i HAD THEY PATHY...SHE'D BE LOADED WITH OVER 100 LBS OF CHUM AND WE'D FISH IN 60-100 FEET....IT CAN TAKE UP TO 1/2 HOUR TO BRING THEM IN...SO, HAVE A SMOKE, ENJOY A COFFEE, LET THE CHUM WORK....

1.) If you chum, they will come....for a typical trip, we used 75-100 lbs of chum to bring up large schools....

2.) We fish with 10 lb flouro on the reels with 15lb leaders....split shot and #4 not 4/0 hooks....very smal

3.) Do not spray the chum, drop behind the boat and then drift your little pieces of bait back into the chum line

4.) Do not put pressure on the bait when drifting back..it must float with the chum....

5.) Mix menhaden oil in the oats if you like....and or old chum...the nastier the better

6.) Bring a variety of baits....squid, bonita, silversides, shrimp, cut herring pieces...sometimes they are finicky

7.) Contrary to what's been said....I used to blast the stereo when tailing......they appear to like GAGA the best :)

Enjoy your tailing.....

DC

15 hours ago, heweymagoos said:

Thanks man, good vid. Did you ever yellowtail in your pathfinder or just in your friends sportfisher?

Pathfinder all the time.....I have another video somewhere and will post....

Pathfinder was great as it would sit on top of the waves and just bob....you need a sea-claw anchor to hold you.

dc

1 hour ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Pathfinder all the time.....I have another video somewhere and will post....

Pathfinder was great as it would sit on top of the waves and just bob....you need a sea-claw anchor to hold you.

dc

That's was the olden day!....Now it's the Minn Kota I-Pilot!

Archived