Garmin Update

fin-addict

56 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Well after two hours wirh the G3 plugged into my GPS and looking at every place I wanted to enhance , I know know what the G stands for .

IMHO Garbage

RMA applied allready !

Very dissapointed 

Maybe its because I only have a 740S but that will soon change .

🇺🇸☠️

Really, sorry your so disappointed. Have not received mine yet but what I have seen on the net it looks much better than g2. Now you have me wondering. Have always been happy with the Navionics charting on my past 740s, better than g2 imo by far. 

How do you feel compared to your 740s charting.

fin

I’m glad I did not order the G3 and I thank you for confirming it. I bought my Lowrance elite9 Ti2 yesterday and I’m installing it this weekend I just received the FMT chip from Isla Mapping and looking forward to firing it up. By the way the shipping was ridiculously fast ordered yesterday and got it today.😀

24 minutes ago, gnarlydog said:

I read on another forum that the full features on the chip won't be fully functional until a software update is pushed out in April.

Just came online to ask Outlaw if he did a software update and saw this post.  Update is needed as per Garmin. Neighbor up dated from a 3.8 to a 4.3. Me, waiting for my update SD. Need to update from a 4.2 to the 4.3 before installing the  g3 SD. This my be the issue Outlaw is having ???. This was stated in my original post. The update is available now. Good luck OL. Fin 😃

20 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

How is update obtained ?

Mine is 3.6

You can go online to Garmin and do it if your computer has a proper size SD slot but it is a pia. Call Garmin support and have them send you the SD card with the 4.3 update for your unit. Put in unit and it will update to new software and then remove card and insert your g3 and leave it in. Hope all his helps and makes you a happy camper LO

Archived