Can I add a fuel flow to Ox66?

waterman7474

Currently I have an 01 Ox66 250 and an Garmin Echomap50s (will be replaced sometime this summer I suppose).  I would like to try and figure out what my fuel burn is as I have NO idea currently. 

I have been searching around and can't seem to find what is compatible with this unit and/or the standard yamaha gauge I have. 

Can I add the Garmin GFS10 fuel flow meter to this unit?

Can I add some sort of yamaha sensor?

Does this dinosaur motor kick out any data at all??

Probably going to a 74sv soon, should I just wait for that??

Sure you can, however as with all EFI two strokes you may not want to really know your fuel flow. :)  I had a Northstar F210 fuel flow meter on my '03 Merc EFI 225 and normal 4000 rpm running speed was around 14 gal per hour on a boat similar to your 2300dv. The Northstar as with most add on fuel sender units measures the flow through the fuel hose. No need to buy a fancy NMEA2000 GPS unit, your engine can not feed it any info. That being said my new engine with the NMEA2000 feeds all that fuel flow info to both a old Garmin 441s and a Raymarine on my boat.....how did I live without it?

6 hours ago, Tarpon1215 said:

Had a Nothstar F210,and it did not like corn juice!

Maybe that's what killed mine after nine plus years!! I wish I had bought at least ten of them when they were only $99.....oh hind site is great!! If I had kept up with them and knew they were not going to manufacture them anymore I sure would have.

What was really nice is the Northstar F210 only needed 12 volt power and the in line fuel flow unit to be connected, preferably in a vertical position. Very simple and NO Nmea 183 or 2000 connections required. I really only cared about the two most simple features it had, fuel flow (GPH) and total usage, especially total when figured in with your day's trip numbers off the GPS. Very simple math to figure your MPG. I must say the new Nmea 2000 data provided by the new outboards to the MFDs by Garmin, Simrad, Raymarine, etc. sure are sweet. 

Archived