FMT

Purebred

I'm using it on a 7" Simrad, mounted in the console on our RF18. I just don't want a screen blocking my view on top of the console. Might consider a gimbal mount on the grab rail at the side for a larger screen.

The 7" works just fine for me other than the %@@#%$#%#@ touch screen. I'll never own another just cuzz it's a sincere hassle using the thing while the boat is bouncing. I don't find the 7" view to be an issue cuzz it doesn't bother me to zoom in and out. The track lines are fine enough that they're still useful with less screen magnification, and it's a small matter to zoom closer for tight spaces.

I'm running FMT on a Simrad GO7. Not ideal but far superior than not having it. With the smaller screen if you zoom out too much the screen gets very cluttered with the tracks and various icons. If you are on a budget look at the Lowrance Elite 9TI. You can usually find them on sale with the totalscan transducer for $700. Also that unit has manual zoom buttons as well as the touchscreen. 

Don't get the Elite-9 Ti get the Elite-9 Ti2 it has a better screen resolution. This was also echoed by Glenn at FMT/Isla Mapping.

Ti2 is only $1069.99 with the 3 in 1 transducer and Navionics + chip (even though you will only run the FMT chip) best bang for the buck.

Pay once cry once.

There is someone on the microskiff.com forum sell an Evo 3 7in ...that has the knob for zoom...might want to check that out it would be an easy swap.

here's his ad

Selling a like new Simrad nss evo 3 7''. Used a total of 6 times and has aways been kept in a case when not it use. Comes with everything except for a transducer. Asking 1000 shipped or best offer. PM me for more info.

4 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

what boat are u running?

dc

New to me 21RF that is eating up some $$$ getting it where I want it.

I really want the tracks for the Salt River and a new screen isn't in the budget in the immediate future. 

Fin,

Google Florida Marine Tracks and watch some of the videos.... People that have the maps swear by them. 

Archived