PRO Sports 18 flats

TideIsRite

• 3 months later...

Gas tank leak.... I've owned one for a few years. good flats boat. I do have a problem now I could use help with, I believe that the gas tank has a crack or leak in it. Getting fuel in bilge. The sending unknit is sealed, the fill and output is sealed, the gas line is new all the way from tank to engine. unfortunately, there is not hatch to remove tank. Has anyone else had this issue? I can't even find the size tank to order if I cut the deck. - And yes, the deck is wood core. Mine did start to rot around the access hatches for fill and send units, so I hogged it out best I could removing those plates, got to fresh wood and then filled with glass and resin. the receivers for the back rest are doing the same thing. the rest of the deck seems very solid on mine

• 2 months later...

i just bought a 1992 pro sports 18' flats boat with a 2005 mercury 90 2 stroke. i have had several boats in my 65 years but i cant find any specs on this boat since they are out of business. the mfg tag is not legible even with a black light. wood or composit? weight? and any other specs anyone might have would be very helpful.

20 hours ago, just retired said:

i just bought a 1992 pro sports 18' flats boat with a 2005 mercury 90 2 stroke. i have had several boats in my 65 years but i cant find any specs on this boat since they are out of business. the mfg tag is not legible even with a black light. wood or composit? weight? and any other specs anyone might have would be very helpful.

What do you want to know, I have ripped through the majority of mine.

From my findings, hull, transom, and stringers are composite cored, deck and hatches wood. Do you want a picture of the MFG Tag?

IMG_2818.thumb.jpg.b48b800f2757fed60e4b9c9424a24133.jpg

i just bought a 1992 18' pro sports flats boat with a 2005 90hp mercury 2 stroke.  the trailer was bent very bad. i cant seem to find any info on this boat since they are out of business. i have totally rebuilt the trailer and straightend the trailer frame so it is ready to go and am starting on the boat now. does anyone know where i can find the specs for this boat? the boat is very solid with no soft spots. starting on redoing electrical next so its ready for snook, trout and redfishing soon. thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...