Twin power poles on 2200 TE

Gatorfireman

I just bought this boat last week. One  of the best things i like about it is that it has double poles and a ladder attached to the port side bracket. Maybe this will be an option for you. Otherwise, i don't think you will be able to fit 2 poles and have the factory swim platform. See my pic. Hope this helpsIMG_1109.thumb.PNG.43f145fa9fcd9d768b89a69ec23ef7b3.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Would mounting a micro on the port side work? Just curious, are people with two power poles needing the two due to current, or to position themselves due to cross winds? Just wondering if a micro would help to position in cross winds, I do not fish much current. I have a micro on my kayak and a single blade on my 2200TE, maybe I should add a mount and wiring for the micro on my boat.

1 hour ago, Bcart said:

I'm in the same boat..  IMO mounting to the transom shouldn't even be an option.  I'm kicking myself in the *** for letting my salesman talk me into it.  Mine has come loose now for the fourth time in less than a year.

No problems w/ transom mount here. I like it better. 6 years and have never needed to tighten a thing. IMO buying a bracket is a waste of money.

6 hours ago, bernieNC said:

No problems w/ transom mount here. I like it better. 6 years and have never needed to tighten a thing. IMO buying a bracket is a waste of money.

Weird... I spoke with the mechanic who has tightened it last time and he said this is a common issue.   

These poles should be sold in a set...  Having one just doesn't do the job.

3 hours ago, Bcart said:

Weird... I spoke with the mechanic who has tightened it last time and he said this is a common issue.   

mine is transom mounted. going on 12 yr., never had to tighten it. replaced everything else at least once though. best customer service in the world.

6 hours ago, Bcart said:

I only have one (8’ Blade) and it does the job. I fish a lot in tidal creeks where the tide is ripping and the thing contorts in all kinds of ways but has not broken or loosened.

21 hours ago, Dobey1 said:

For me it is more of a swinging with tide and or currents. Having two is a game changer and takes the brain/leg work out of using one and a stick it.  

That’s what I hate.  Getting in a spot you want and the whole boat turns around. 

On 4/14/2019 at 1:16 PM, Bcart said:

My single is transom mounted since 2009 and used very often and has never came loose....we did use red locktite on the nuts and lock washers.

0A518DBF-6E6F-4C4A-8186-14081A0B6E60.jpeg

Archived