New to me '01 2200V

bbrackett

Hey guys, picking up my first 22 pathfinder this weekend. It's an '01 2200V with a factory T Top, and an 07 Yamaha. Looks to be babied, but i haven't gotten eyes on it yet (buying site unseen as long as all goes well)

Looking for advice on:

- Affordable Cover

- Trolling motor to buy (with GPS Capability)

- Stereo install (Where to mount my amp, and where to put my 4 speakers)

Any and all info on this model would be much appreciated!

2200v great boat. Speakers,  side mount them on console or facing aft on each fwd side storage locker, or do both areas. Some like them aft on the deck bulkhead facing fwd.. mount amp inside console. If you have an electronics box under t-top, speakers can also be mounted on each side. Did that on another boat rather than the console, better sound imo.

Thanks all.

Regarding  the speakers - i have in the past put 2 in the console facing outward, and then on each side storage locker facing backward. I didn't know if it might be louder on the boat to put 2 facing backward in the lockers, and then 2 facing forwards in the back bench.

To mount the amp - would i just mount a piece of starboard to the console, and then mount the amp to it? What's the best way to mount the starboard?

15 hours ago, bbrackett said:

Thanks all.

Regarding  the speakers - i have in the past put 2 in the console facing outward, and then on each side storage locker facing backward. I didn't know if it might be louder on the boat to put 2 facing backward in the lockers, and then 2 facing forwards in the back bench.

To mount the amp - would i just mount a piece of starboard to the console, and then mount the amp to it? What's the best way to mount the starboard?

Pick up some expanded PVC sheet at Home Depot, it’s way cheaper and adhesives actually stick to it well. For an adhesive, look at a methacrylate epoxy, I think DevCon has “plastic weld”, lots out there. Just check the recipe on the back of the package. My local Ace Hardware had it and I’m sure Home Depot will too. I did a write up on my stereo install. Skim the clutter and read the part about my amp board. I used 1/2” sheet...I want to say the 1/2 x 24 x 48 was around $25

https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-4-in-x-24-in-x-48-in-White-PVC-Panel-212521/205760182

Made it home without any major issues. Boat is awesome, just has some holes that need to be filled in and some decals replaced.

The holes are the size of small screws from old rod holders - would something like marinetex work well for that?

Also, never noticed, but this model doesn't have an anchor locker. What do folks typically do for an anchor without just toting a bin around?

Boat.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raymo said:

is that the original console? it appears to have plastic rod holders mounted to it, mine has built in rod holders, 4 on each side. also, interesting that you don't have an anchor locker...mine does, perhaps mine was added after purchase

I believe so. Most i have seen with factory T Tops don't have the rod holders on the side (i think). I believe it's original, but may be wrong.

3 hours ago, smilemaker said:

Put a 36 volt trolling  motor on it an stuff an emergency anchor under the bow. A power pole would be nice but a stick-it pole will work well for the real shallow areas. Even over reefs most of us don't use an anchor

I would love to, but a $100 anchor & chain vs. a trolling motor setup is a hard argument right now!

Nice rig! Marinetex will work if you're not worried about it matching the surrounding gel. A company called Spectrum make gel coat match that should be close enough to your color that you won't notice the repair. Here   SPRECTRUM link to iboat

As for the anchor, some guys I know carry them in the old style recycle bin, along with the rope, under the console. You can probably get an access hatch and cut your own hole up on the bow and make a keeper for the anchor. Shouldn't be too big of a project. A company called 3dlettering.com can make you a set of nice FL (or AL) numbers in a font pretty close to the Pathfinder font....if you get them in "3-D" along with the newer style 3-D "PATHFINDER" decals, you'll be looking good! I'd compound and polish the whole boat while the decals were off and then put all the new ones on, but I have more severe issues than most. :D

An important thing to understand is that you have a 2001 model. The inside liner was changed(I believe in 2002) many people who  respond will give advice without  understanding that you have a different inside than newer boats. The later models after you will even vary between a 2200v and a 22TE. All have the the same wonderful hull but be cautious of advice. Use information wisely but always double check on how it relates to your boat. There are many fantastic modifications but for this summer ENJOY  the boat and learn as much as you can keeping notes and pictures on way

18 hours ago, BradM said:

Nice rig! Marinetex will work if you're not worried about it matching the surrounding gel. A company called Spectrum make gel coat match that should be close enough to your color that you won't notice the repair. Here   SPRECTRUM link to iboat

As for the anchor, some guys I know carry them in the old style recycle bin, along with the rope, under the console. You can probably get an access hatch and cut your own hole up on the bow and make a keeper for the anchor. Shouldn't be too big of a project. A company called 3dlettering.com can make you a set of nice FL (or AL) numbers in a font pretty close to the Pathfinder font....if you get them in "3-D" along with the newer style 3-D "PATHFINDER" decals, you'll be looking good! I'd compound and polish the whole boat while the decals were off and then put all the new ones on, but I have more severe issues than most. :D

Thanks for that! Know anywhere i can find the OG Hull Logos? Need to replace mine as well.

14 hours ago, smilemaker said:

An important thing to understand is that you have a 2001 model. The inside liner was changed(I believe in 2002) many people who  respond will give advice without  understanding that you have a different inside than newer boats. The later models after you will even vary between a 2200v and a 22TE. All have the the same wonderful hull but be cautious of advice. Use information wisely but always double check on how it relates to your boat. There are many fantastic modifications but for this summer ENJOY  the boat and learn as much as you can keeping notes and pictures on way

Not sure what you mean here -

1 hour ago, bbrackett said:

Thanks for that! Know anywhere i can find the OG Hull Logos? Need to replace mine as well.

I'm not sure. I had a guy make some for mine years ago, but have never been able to find his contact info again. If I remember, he was down towards Melbourne, FL. I think he signed up here a long time ago and know he was also on The Hull Truth, selling decals. I know some of the gentlemen here used him, maybe ask in a separate thread titled as such. I know a lot of people will say eBay, but.....

Make sure you post in "What did you do to your boat today" as things progress!

On 4/8/2019 at 8:25 AM, bbrackett said:

Made it home without any major issues. Boat is awesome, just has some holes that need to be filled in and some decals replaced.

The holes are the size of small screws from old rod holders - would something like marinetex work well for that?

Also, never noticed, but this model doesn't have an anchor locker. What do folks typically do for an anchor without just toting a bin around?

Boat.jpg

My 2001 2200V has an anchor locker.

On 4/10/2019 at 6:21 AM, imsnookyrd said:

My 2001 2200V has an anchor locker.

I had a 2000 2200 and it had a Anchor locker insert installed in it.   I think it was a factory and an aftermarket option.   You might want to reach out to Pathfinder to see if they can point you in the right direction to get the insert.  It would require some cutting but it was a nice feature.   

Here is my 2001 anchor locker, I'd say you are better off without one... It's just a cutout on the deck with a starboard hatch, in 02 they started using a fiberglass one that was flush to the front... much nicer. The 01 inner liner is about 2" +/- narrower than the 022001_2200v_anchor_03.thumb.jpg.0e4f295d82aa519bd21ea925d601322e.jpg2001_2200v_anchor_02.thumb.jpg.e4e7cbafb0d6ca580019d969c8148274.jpg2001_2200v_anchor_01.thumb.jpg.5c7be002f81530c181c9d2b8765973c1.jpg

For trolling motors, my 24V 82 pound thrust works very well on my 2200....  But in the St. John's river, if the tide is really running hard, it won't hold against the current.

I agree with the recommendation for a stick pole.   I have an 8' PP on mine, but I just don't use it as much with the Minn Kota GPS anchor lock feature.

As always, it depends where and how you fish as to what you need.  I'm mostly back in a creek so the 24V is fine.  If you like to fish in heavy current under bridge, get the 36V.

• 1 month later...

My 2001 2200V has an anchor locker, but not the starboard plate shown in the photo above, actually a fairly large locker. Also, for installing components and boards in the console or other areas, check out a product line called Weld Mount Studs. They adhere to fiberglass and then provide a mechanical fastening attachment.