Loose T Top Screws

UFMBA2015

I’ve got a 2000 1810V. Noticed the front screws in each of the t top legs have shook themselves loose. Holes are wallowed out. I tried going up one screw size and it doesn’t appear to work. Any tips on how to re-secure?

I’m thinking of opening the access panel under console to see if I can reach the legs. If so, placing a painted stainless bracket under the feet so I can through bolt them on.

5 hours ago, UFMBA2015 said:

I’ve got a 2000 1810V. Noticed the front screws in each of the t top legs have shook themselves loose. Holes are wallowed out. I tried going up one screw size and it doesn’t appear to work. Any tips on how to re-secure?

I’m thinking of opening the access panel under console to see if I can reach the legs. If so, placing a painted stainless bracket under the feet so I can through bolt them on.

If it’s like the 19’, your fuel tank my be in the way. It’s worth a shot though! 

I was thinking the same thing as Brad. The fuel tank might be in the way. I opened the access hatch inside the console last night (for the first time). The fuel tank and stringers pretty much take up any access room to where you would try to get to your attachment location. I wish you luck! I would suggest toggle bolts/anchors instead of increasing the lag screw size any more. Remove the lag screw that are on there now, get a tube of 5200, and these toggle bolts (see the link I posted). You will be good to go.

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/garelick-stainless-steel-toggle-bolt-anchors.html

3 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

I was thinking the same thing as Brad. The fuel tank might be in the way. I opened the access hatch inside the console last night (for the first time). The fuel tank and stringers pretty much take up any access room to where you would try to get to your attachment location. I wish you luck! I would suggest toggle bolts/anchors instead of increasing the lag screw size any more. Remove the lag screw that are on there now, get a tube of 5200, and these toggle bolts (see the link I posted). You will be good to go.

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/garelick-stainless-steel-toggle-bolt-anchors.html

X2 on this repair.

Most mbg boats have am aluminum plate in the glass at the attachment  areas. I would contact them and see if and where the plates are. If they are there you might be able to tap a larger diameter thread

The alternative is to go with a stainless toggle bolt as above.

First I would take a small wooden dowel and feel for how much depth working room you have below deck before going with anything larger or longer.

Archived