Batteries

VsteveV

Sams AGM batteries are labeled as Duracell but are made by Deka. Deka is typically regarded as a top  notch battery. The local shop I have work on my boat spoke to the rep and was told there is literally no difference between the high dollar Deka lableld AGM batteries and the Duracell labeled AGM batteries sold at Sams. They are by far the best bang for your buck! as for the lithium batteries I have no experience but have several friends who are tournament bass anglers. The bass guys are all running the lithium’s from what I hear. 

9 hours ago, hurricane said:

What boat do you have? I understand weight savings if you have a light weight poling skiff, but anything else I don't think you'll notice the savings. Those Sam's AGM's are the best deal going. 

18 rf and there is No way I’m poling anything. I’m just a sucker for new technology and regardless of boat, battery weight reduction is a good thing. At a cost.  

I am so old school. El Cheapo trolling motor group 27 lead acid batteries from Advance Auto Parts. They last about 4-5 years and cost about $90 last time I looked. Heavy, yes. Electrolyte, yes. A bargain, yes. I am a sucker for old, proven technology I guess! 

40 minutes ago, Drummer said:

I am so old school. El Cheapo trolling motor group 27 lead acid batteries from Advance Auto Parts. They last about 4-5 years and cost about $90 last time I looked. Heavy, yes. Electrolyte, yes. A bargain, yes. I am a sucker for old, proven technology I guess! 

I guess I'm old too!  I've had Deka AGM for trollers in the past, lasted about 5-6 years @ $200plus, Odyssey and Optima for starting/house that only made it about 2 years and just replaced my cheap Wally World trollers that have been in the boat since the beginning of 2014.

Archived