Baitwell Hose Dimensions

Fish-on

I believe I have found the leak into the bilge area that has been a problem for some time...I am suspecting the drain hose from the baitwell.

I need the drain hose dimensions (size and length) for a 2002 Pathfinder 1900V live well to order a replacement.

Also it would have been nice if a check valve was incorporated at the time of manufacture to allow only water being drained out only.

A84DDF9B-9F27-4A2F-9C73-B3A532F3469C.jpeg

I hope you are sitting down  when you look up the price for a seacock. More than likely it will be 1 1/2 inch and needs to be marine bronze for longevity as it will always be on contact with water below the waterline. $234 at Jamestown distributor. 

The hose looks to have ribs but it needs to be smooth on the inside to avoid buildup that may clog the hose. A check valve will cause a lot of resistance and surely promote clogging. 

Thanks everyone for your input.

The water leak was actually from a bad livewell pump and hose and not the water drain hose. Since the leaking pump was right next to the drain hose, i never suspected it would leak that much even when not turned on.

Thanks again !

Fish-on

• 3 years later...