Trolling motor receptacle plug on deck help

Hello all, 

I am having quite the dilemma. I have a Hewes And there is an old receptacle plug for a trolling motor on the deck. I’m trying to figure out how I can find a cover for this plug as it is just the plug coming out through the deck. Previous owner did a crappy job on the cut out and I’m Going to have to find a way to fix the cut out to play some sort of cover with an access on it. I was thinking of using some sort is fuel filler with a cap on it. I don’t currently have a trolling motor but I am going to be getting one and I’m obviously going to run a new wire through to the battery. 

A20B8FB2-C22A-4D34-B528-71B211352F58.jpeg

I would not do anything with that plug except to change it out ..  Battery tender makes a nice plug but you would have to check out how they mount . I think I saw where Minn Kota put out a very nice connector as well. 

I would buy a new plug then see about getting it installed nice and neat. Even if you have to do a little glass work there  you can make it nice 

7 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

I would not do anything with that plug except to change it out ..  Battery tender makes a nice plug but you would have to check out how they mount . I think I saw where Minn Kota put out a very nice connector as well. 

I would buy a new plug then see about getting it installed nice and neat. Even if you have to do a little glass work there  you can make it nice 

Yeah I’m planning to change it out, but I’m trying to figure out how I can cover that hole some sort of way so that the plug won’t be exposed. You know so that it has like a little access hatch or something where I can open and close it if I’m going to use the trolling motor or not. 

Just now, Jorgerivadeneira said:

Yeah I’m planning to change it out, but I’m trying to figure out how I can cover that hole some sort of way so that the plug won’t be exposed. You know so that it has like a little access hatch or something where I can open and close it if I’m going to use the trolling motor or not. 

Yeah I might have to do some custom work to install a new one. 

Archived