16' Lowrance in Console?

Bill Ragon

I am ordering a 2300HPS next week!  I will have a radio and I want to put a 16' Lowrance in the dash. Is the 16' to big? I know it will not be able to be flush mounted. Anyone have any experience? I am coming from bass boat to CC. I will be fresh water fishing in the Tennessee River. Where id the best place to purchase a fold down Bow pedestal seat.Thanks for information?

bill

I'll go ahead and comment.  16 foot lowrance will be hard to flush mount but you bass guys have a way of putting screens everywhere. 

I might be mistaken but the 2300 does not have a large console. 

It would be nice if mbg would have a sticky section with all the console schematics and models on which they were used.

Exactly why we like to joke on this forum.  We all find a little fun and humor makes this a better place than other forums that berate and humiliate each other.

As for the console I like to keep things clean. In todays world Vhf and music radios can be mounted under the console and smaller remotes and handsets used to save console space.

Hey Bill, when you say radio do you mean VHF or AM/FM? Do you know what brand or style? If you mean AM/FM, I saw a slick idea the factory did on the carbon fiber HPS they recently built; they mounted it under the console. Since it's a Bluetooth capable unit (JL Audio, Media Master) you don't necessarily need it on the dash, which will save you some room for the 16" screen you want. I'll measure my console tonight and advise, but it may be tight. I recall seeing a thread on here (I think) where a guy building a 25 Hybrid used some sort of arm mount for his screen. I recall a small hole in the dash that the screen mounted on. The rest of the mount/bracket was on the inside of the console. Maybe someone else here can elaborate on that item or thread.

Assuming you're going to run a Yamaha 250 SHO, go right to a Mercury Bravo 1 FS in 22 pitch. Hole shot is great, mid-range is incredible and it totes the load VERY well. It also does great on fuel and will give you 62-64 mph.

Archived