Need some help looking for new boat (used)

Tarpon_Mann

I have just recently been looking again.. and need some pros and cons to my choices .. I'm, looking at either a hpx-v 17 or a pathfinder w/ tower .. i have owned an hpx v 17 and loved it but was thinking about an older pathfinder also..  budget is around 28k or less.. any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I own both and my pros and cons are probably pretty obvious, so let me know if you have any specific questions. My Maverick is now my hardcore fishing machine. The most used boat is the one that requires the least amount of effort and the Maverick sits in the garage all rigged and ready to go. The Pathfinder is the scalloping, tubing and cruising family boat. It is a 2 hour process just to clean it and back and forth to where I store it. You can't pole the Pathfinder but I would not run across Tampa Bay in the Maverick. Pathfinder rides like an SUV, Maverick (17V with a 115) is a sports car. My wife won't ride in the Maverick, freaks her out. Too tippy and fast compared to the PF. I prefer the Maverick, very fun little boat and I don't like to entertain a lot of people when I am out actually fishing. That's my 'me' time! I have owned the Pathfinder since buying new in 2001 and would not hesitate to own another. Amazing how well it has held up and we have a lot of great memories in that boat. 

Archived