2012 22TRS - Rear Seat Latch

fgator22

Hi Guys the seats on my 2012 22TRS seems to flip up by themselves with enough wind while driving on trailer or boat. Right now the original hardware is a black plastic friction hardware that doesn't work anymore. Any leads on hardware replacement to match existing or the new style pathfinder uses on the newer models?

Thanks

I just installed the newer design ones in my 2016. Easy install.  I ordered them from johdevas on eBay who is also central Florida marine. Part number is 37035102 and they were $32 each shipped. There may be other options but this was easy and didn’t require a whole lot of work to install. 

Yes, the old "backrest-flips-up-while-towing" trick.

Bought my 2016 22 TRS, new down in Florida a few years ago, put the 10 hours till first service on down there then towed her home to Atlanta.  Every time I looked back, one or the other backrest had flipped up - almost like she was trying to signal me.

When I got home, sent Ray an e-mail describing the problem.  He sent me a second pair of the goofy friction latches which I installed.  So now there are two friction latches on each backrest.  I would have bet a lot of money that that particular solution would not work, especially after some time passed (I assumed that the friction would decrease slightly after each use).  Surprise, after 400 hours, the pair of latches still hold the backrest down at towing speeds!

Clearly, we were not the only owners having this problem since the company decided to replace the friction latches with the barrel bolt solution for the next year's model.  If and when the friction latches fail, I will also replace them with the barrel bolt.

Incidentally, if your model has the springy thing holding open the hatch on the anchor locker, replace it with a pair of friction hinges.  Your bare toes will thank you!

All in all, a great looking and performing boat - love it.

964091816_LowResMissLaurieIV-2.thumb.jpg.29f88127b1fd7e77a0c339755e65db4c.jpg

I also did this for the protection of the person who may inadvertently step on the back edge of the seat back and have it flip up - happened to my brother and he got a nasty bruise but could have been much worse. I like the no look of the original design and maybe two hidden friction latches will do the trick too...I honestly didn’t think about that!