New GPS wiring question

Well, I guess I'm going against the grain here. What does your instillation manual say about wiring? Most instillation manuals suggest connection direct to the battery with the fuse within a few inches of the positive battery post. My understanding is that connecting direct to the battery helps to eliminate interference from other electrical stuff.

If you connect to the fuse block in your pic, it will work, but it might not be the optimum performance. For the price we pay for these bottom machines, I want the best performance I can possibly get. If you do decide to connect direct to the battery, route your wires a far away for other wiring as possible because other electrical wiring also contributes to electrical interference.

It doesn’t really say anything just shows a picture connected to the battery. I got it installed it was pretty simple ended up just installing it like the old was installed. Will do the transducer later. I will see hoe it works. I may re wire it to the battery but I would have to extend the wires. 

DF8F05DF-BD67-4BC1-8504-79E5D6FEACBB.jpeg

• Like 1

Look good! and if you ever want a bow unit just need power leads no data cable! On the units I've installed power source has always come from a distribution panel to isolate or shut off when needed. Enjoy

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lowrance+elite+ti+2+bluetoothing+units+together&&view=detail&mid=7D173D2D7E72CD3388D17D173D2D7E72CD3388D1&&FORM=VRDGAR