New propeller design

lurem

How many of you have seen this?Sharrow Engineering has this propeller design with some very big claims to go with it. Basically, the design is credited with providing every benefit imaginable - greater top speed, better fuel efficiency, less vibration, safer, and a stronger design. I know I've never seen anything like this, and I'd really like to run one of those to see for myself how it performs. 

According to their website, propellers for outboard and stern drive applications will be forthcoming.

One thing is for sure - I wouldn't want to strike bottom with this one.smiletest.gif

Click image for larger version.   Name: sharrow-propeller.jpg  Views: 28  Size: 155.4 KB  ID: 438172

Their YouTube channel has a test video, though they are lab tests, not actual use comparisons.
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

The price is coming down, as they are going to be mass produced in a casting process instead of the more expensive 5-axis CNC process.  The $2,000.00 price tag is still beyond my budget.  However, the extendable One Year Sharrow Warranty for damage repair or replacement for ANY reason, reduces the sticker-shock a bit.

Click here for the BoatTest.com video interview with Greg Sharrow, CEO and founder of Sharrow Marine

1 hour ago, geeviam said:

The $2,000.00 price tag is still beyond my budget.

At first my thought was $2000 is crazy but when you think about it it really might not be that bad IF it works like they say.  I know I'm not the only one here who spends $750 on a prop then before it sees an hour or use it is off to the shop for another $250 for tuning.  So your are half way there with just one regular prop.  Problem is most folks who want a tuned prop don't stop at one prop but have a few on the shelf of the garage.  And of course you say "i'm done playing with props!" until you see one that might work well or you haven't tried yet and there goes another $750!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mulligan said:

At first my thought was $2000 is crazy but when you think about it it really might not be that bad IF it works like they say.  I know I'm not the only one here who spends $750 on a prop then before it sees an hour or use it is off to the shop for another $250 for tuning.  So your are half way there with just one regular prop.  Problem is most folks who want a tuned prop don't stop at one prop but have a few on the shelf of the garage.  And of course you say "i'm done playing with props!" until you see one that might work well or you haven't tried yet and there goes another $750!

Good point Mulligan.  If it's that good out of the box, and it saves fuel to boot - that would offset the initial cost.  👍

Been watching this from the beginning, its been years. The cast props are still a year or so away. I still have not seen a "real" performance comparison. Early on they were asking for test subjects. Signed up but was never ask. I would love to see this prop go against my Bravo 1 FS. By the way Thank You Drummer!!!!!  Maybe in a year when the the cast models start rolling out I will get the chance. The concept has already shown to be a better design in many applications. 

• Like 1