2003 Pathfinder 2400V bilge pump removal

jbozzelle

#1 You definitely need to replace the Pie Hole with a Rectangular hatch if it has not already been done. Search this forum for details

#2 if your bilge pump setup  is the same as my 2003 22v, you have a Sahara 1100. It comes in two pieces and the bottom piece is attached to the bottom of the boat. If you are lucky and have long skinny arms or have a friend with long skinny arms, you can pop out /unsnap the old pump and install the top piece  of a new one into the old bracket. The three wires and hose attach to the top piece.  Good Luck

Before you remove the old pump make sure that you check the fuse near the battery switch in the rear hatch and the fuse in the console.

You might also put a volt meter on the wiring.  It's not uncommon for Pathfinder owners to replace the bilge pump only to find out it was a bad fuse.

11 hours ago, Mike45q said:

#1 You definitely need to replace the Pie Hole with a Rectangular hatch if it has not already been done. Search this forum for details

☝️This! It should be the first thing someone does when they get the boat. 

I put one in my 03 that literally fit the whole splash area and color matched almost perfect. I don’t remember the model but if you search, you’ll prob find it on one of the threads about a year ago. 

6 hours ago, Bamaskeet said:

Before you remove the old pump make sure that you check the fuse near the battery switch in the rear hatch and the fuse in the console.

You might also put a volt meter on the wiring.  It's not uncommon for Pathfinder owners to replace the bilge pump only to find out it was a bad fuse.

Good suggestion I also had bad wiring from the helm switch back and the inline fuse from the battery  was bad. Never assume that they are good without checking.  Oh the fun of a older boat.