Where are all the Texas guys?

CG RYAN

Yes that is very true. Many stores by us are closed from the flooding. My 2500hd sierra had water up to the doors which is impressive. My neighbors KIA didnt do so well. I had my brother check on the boat for me and the cover ripped from all the water.

Unbelievable amounts of rain last night. We are high and dry up in the NW corner of town but those south of us did not fare as well.

I was in Rockport over the holiday weekend but never even got the boat in the water. Blowing 20+ and the water looked like chocolate milk (and lots of fresh water in the bay right now). A guide friend did find some reds but I didn't talk to anyone who found any trout.

At least I got quite a bit of work done on my new dock. The high water levels are making the work very challenging as the water is only about four inches from the top of the dock - not the best time to replace a dock but given the backlog with the dockbuilders, we had to get on it now.

Fellas I feel your pain. I'm over in Beaumont and thought of getting after the fish has been erased everyday for the last 2 months. Bays are fresh and 20+ winds everyday doesn't help. Hope everyone manages the floods ok.

Where's the spider monkey?

You feed and cloth that boy.

Put him to work and make your daddy "PROUD".

Tie a rope around one of his legs so you don't lose him down in that hole.

Don't worry,

he'll come out of that hole when he get's hungry.

Good to see some life on the Texas board. I've been as guilty as anyone, or worse, for not posting anything. Rob I was down in Rockport for the Memorial weekend too, and the whole week before it. I don't think the wind dropped below 15mph and probably averaged around 30.

I did do one wading and drifting trip with a buddy on the outside of Traylor and then across Estes (really right out your back door). I caught 4 reds in about two hours, so that was better than sitting at home!

Good to see some life on the Texas board. I've been as guilty as anyone, or worse, for not posting anything. Rob I was down in Rockport for the Memorial weekend too, and the whole week before it. I don't think the wind dropped below 15mph and probably averaged around 30.

I did do one wading and drifting trip with a buddy on the outside of Traylor and then across Estes (really right out your back door). I caught 4 reds in about two hours, so that was better than sitting at home!

i hear you! it's been a good spring to work on projects, but it hasn't worked out that way.

we've not seen a spring rain like this in a while.. this is pushing back the summer, and making me rethink my idea to stay in Texas this spring/summer.

Bruce, hope to hook up with you soon, brother.. lunch next week, if you're in town!

Where's the spider monkey?

You feed and cloth that boy.

Put him to work and make your daddy "PROUD".

Tie a rope around one of his legs so you don't lose him down in that hole.

Don't worry,

he'll come out of that hole when he get's hungry.

sadly Sparky bit the dust.. i told him his love for housecats was gonna be the death of him, but he didn't listen.

turns out we were both right. it wasn't a housecat that got him, it was the Texas Bobcat that he THOUGHT was a housecat.

RIP, Sparks.

1433291801-monkey-smoking3.jpg.cb4b74ad1

Was wondering where my twin brother that was separated at birth ended up.

Monkey dude looks rough.

Did he get into somebodies opium stash?

Ahhh, it wasn't the cat named Bob that got him, it was the opium.

Picture is worth a thousand words.

Man, that monkey could play the blues, too. I'll miss the dude.

SquidBro - I'm in Houston next week, but booked up every single day. I'll be in Rockport this weekend just in case you're heading down that way to get your surf or fish on. You don't need an invitation to stop by, but I hope you already know that!

Gonna get the boat in the water this weekend and hopefully get on some fish. Glad everybody is ok. We got away with just a little wind damage here at my house and some flooding of the yard but luckily no damage to the house from the flooding. Lost 180' of fence and a ton of broken tree branches. This weather has kept me busy with lots of insurance claims so I am glad to finally be getting back on the water for a change.

• 1 month later...

hey guys. don't visit this sec much, but will more often now that it's got some traffic.

freshwater has the trout pushed into far east bay and around the jettys. we got a 2 man limit last thur at the no. jetty, but got skunked at the same place on saturday. picked up a mess of solid trout under the lights at the causeway on a outgoing tide the week before and heard of good fish over the artifcial reef out of the flood gates at moses lake. i'm on west galveston bay and it's been pretty slim over here. found birds working the flats north of the causeway, but they were all dink trout, small blues and gafftop. making another jetty run monday. i'll post the results.

well, that was a bust. no trout or reds. plenty sheeps, sharks and smacks though. we had fun catching all of them. kept 3 large sheeps and a big smack. released all the sharks. 3 of the bigger ones,4 footers, broke off of the trout tackle we were using. sheep cevichi tonight.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived