speaking of braid-how about favorite knots

Wanaflatsfish

The FG is OK when sitting at home with space and TIME.  But any knot that takes a 12 minute video to learn is over done IMO.  The mod albright is good but ultimately you cant beat the double uni.  If it's too big, reduce the number of wraps you do on the heavier line - usually the leader.  If I'm tying braid to flouro leader I only do 3 wraps.

• Like 1

I tie a very simple and quick knot, but I don't even know what it's called. I overlap the braid and mono about a foot and tie three overhand knots, put a little slobber on it and chinch it down tight. I use the same knot when Grouper fishing with 80 lb. line and the drag locked down.

Just searched U-tube and found it's a "triple surgeons knot". I don't know how anything could be faster or easier.

2 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

I discovered this knot, easy to do and goes through the guides smoothly and is very strong!1008779397_AlbertoKnot.PNG.838b0c54ccb4d1b7cb6e42f390957849.PNG

I've been using this knot with a modification, I do a standard albright on the tag end of the braid and cinch it down....

This takes about 60 seconds to tie in wind or rough...

dc

FG is all I use.... but it s a necessity for most of the fishing I do, Ive tried pretty much all of them and they've let me down except for the FG.  Now the fish Id have lost using other knots end u in the boat and I straighten hooks when snagged on bottom and get my rig or lure back.  Most fisherman dont need much for a knot so any will do though nothing is thinner that the FG so it has an advantage for being able to reel the connection into the guides of course.  Not that hard to tie either learn the right way and use the right tools, it can be tied readily on the boat  

I've used the Modified Albright (Alberto) but had it let go a few times when using a light leader with small braid.  Saw an article a while back that recommended using Loctite 402 on all line to leader knots and started using it on the Albright.  It's really good stuff, instant adhesive and has yet to fail.  One little dab dries immediately.