Stern Squat?

Limitless

So this 16 Redfisher I picked up has a 115 Yamaha and not a great hole shot, and I'm using the tabs a good bit to reduce porpoising.  The other 2 16's I had had 2 stroke 90s and not as much squat.  So my question is:

Is it worth adding a Hydrofoil on the motor foot?  Will it improve beyond what I'm getting with the tabs?  As usual I really appreciate any advice, thoughts, suggestions or . . . . good jokes.  Thanks

I don’t think you will get rid of the squat with the weight of the 4stroke 115 on it. You can improve the hole shot with the correct prop. Contact Marcus “funky monkey” on this forum or at PowerTech headquarters and give him your current numbers and he will get you dialed in. Also a negative wedge from Bob’s Machine Shop helps as well but the right prop should correct it on its own.

Don’t install that hideous hydrofoil looking thing🤪

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Mercury Spitfire Prop

Ported 3/8”

13x17”

Bobs stabalizer plate 

Bye bye porpoise !

🇺🇸☠️

Heck I should have bought the Power Tech you had a few weeks ago.  I just didnt have the boat fixed up yet and hadn't even had her in the water.  Hind sight's 20-20.

On 5/19/2019 at 11:52 AM, THE OUTLAW said:

Mercury Spitfire Prop

Ported 3/8”

13x17”

Bobs stabalizer plate 

Bye bye porpoise !

🇺🇸☠️

Best advice on this thread.  Don't pay any attention to naysayers regarding the Bob's Machine Shop TrueTracker stabilizer plate (hydrofoil).  It works very well - especially on a Redfisher 16.

Some people just don’t like the looks of a stabilizer plate , other put them on to get the boat to perform they way they like . We all have different taste . I buy the boat , motor , and accessories that perform best for me how they look is not my top priority, kind of like buying a pizza some of the $5.00 pizza shops have a perfectly round pizza and the way the slices are cut they are all equal , than the small NY style pizza shop down the street has a $20.00 pizza that is not perfectly round when they cut the slices they are all different sizes , but when you taste it the taste of the pizza with un equal slze slices was just what you had a taste for wasn’t pretty but man did it smell and taste great .  Different people like different things , they drive and use there boats differently, what is a perfect prop , motor , boat combination for me may not be what the fisherman next to me at the ramp wants or likes .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

I have the CB marine one on my 2008 RF 16 right now. It does help with porpoising but does not cure it on my model boat. 

My .02, I had a bad experience with CB marine, says 2 weeks to get your plate from order date, mine took 3 months. Never really got a real answer why just did. Also, it is a little different design than the Bob's that others are running. When you are on plane and let off the throttle to come off plane you need to be careful and feather the throttle as it comes off plane. For some reason this design lets a huge back wash come over top of your engine cowl if you are not paying attention and just cut the throttle. It took a couple trips to master but now it is no big deal.

20191212_194858.jpg