23 HPS Trolling Motor Shaft Length

East Coast Dave

I want to do a little offshore and inlet fishing. I have a 60 inch tiller and ordering a Rhodan spot lock type. I’m thinking the 60 inch will be good but was curious what length you guys have that go offshore on your pathfinder. Just curious with waves etc. I Was thinking of going 72 but thinking it might be overkill and just get in the way. I have 24 inches from the deck to the top of the water. 

I will.  I had a MK before and so I will only be able to compare to it. Stay tuned. I have to say it’s kind of nice when you call a person answers the phone and is capable of taking care of what you need without transferring you around or putting you on hold. Don’t get me wrong, I work for a large company and understand it necessary, However it’s still pretty refreshing.

Rhodan customer service is light years ahead of any other trolling motor manufacturer. That said, once you buy the 60" shaft, you cannot replace just the shaft to upgrade to the 72. Once the shaft and lower unit are mated, they are mated for life!  I put the 60" on my 2500 Hybrid and really wish I had gone with the 72. On days when it is entirely fishable but choppy the motor will come up high enough to cavitate the prop. If it happens enough, the motor will shut off as a self preservation thing. Buy the 72, you will be glad you did.