Boat cover support

rckeat

I have owned my Pathfinder for many years now and have yet to find a way to ideally support the cover to prevent water from pooling on it.  My boat does not have a T-top and I am using a Carver cover. 

I am curious what others have done to support their boat covers.  I have used various straps, lines, poles, and even a PVC frame that plugs into the rod holders in the center console.  What do others do or have found to be particularly effective?  Thanks.

On my 22 Pathfinder.....I have found that a large inflatable beach ball ( child’s toy dept at Walmart ) on each side of rear deck hatches underneath the cover prevents water from pooling between the center console and the rear transom area. For the front, I run a dock line from bow cleat to center of windshield frame and it forms a perfect “ tent” in front area and keeps water flowing off the cover during a rain. I hope this helps...

• Like 1

So my most recent support system uses webbing straps that run around the bow, over my PVC structure which sits in 4 of the console rod holders (slightly taller than the grab rail) and back to the stern hooks.  Adding the beach ball to the top of the PVC might be just the ticket.

Real curious to hear what other have found to be effective.