Pee stream

SSN651

I have a 2016 115 ETEC. It didn't come with a telltale fitting and pees straight out the back which is not visible when  running the boat. Is there any reason that I can't install a telltale (port is threaded so should accept one) so I can monitor the pee stream when running? The old fitting allows for directional adjustment.

Chuck  😁

2 hours ago, Bamaskeet said:

There is no reason can can't move the fitting.  But I would suggest installing a water pressure gauge and don't bother moving the fitting.

Yes to the water pressure gauge. Every boat I have ever had I installed one. At a glance you know what is going on without having to interrupt you site line.

I guess I can install a NMEA 2000 backbone and install the WP kit to feed the SIMRAD instrument panel. Back to the original question though: any problem installing the telltale into the threaded discharge port on the motor? Later model ETEC's didn't come with one.

Chuck  😁

I can’t imagine the it would hurt anything. I do not know anything about the e tech but  I’ve seen guys tap into cooling jackets and run a hose over with a tie strap insind the cowl and one outside to hold the line in place ..  

On 5/26/2019 at 1:29 PM, SSN651 said:

I guess I can install a NMEA 2000 backbone and install the WP kit to feed the SIMRAD instrument panel. Back to the original question though: any problem installing the telltale into the threaded discharge port on the motor? Later model ETEC's didn't come with one.

Chuck  😁

No problem....my friend with a 150 has his discharge out sideways now. He must have changed it, ( So he can see it at any time )

Archived