Stupid is As Stupid Does (Video Idiot Boater Ft. Lauderdale)

MuddyBottomBluz

1 hour ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

I hope this results in some serious fines.  Complete disregard for others and the Yacht he's running (Imagine if the bridge caught the top of it) 

I see this in the Keys near Jewfish Creek all the time.  Exact reason why I never tie up on the outside at Gilberts! 

The driver of that vessel should get a lifetime ban from operating a motorized vessel and have his yacht impounded.   No consequences, no change in behavior.    This only happens because it is tolerated.   I would love to know what ultimately happened to this guy.   I suspect it will piss me off.

8 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

I see this in the Keys near Jewfish Creek all the time.  Exact reason why I never tie up on the outside at Gilberts! 

I absolutely agree about the creek, I have vacationed on it for over 25 years and have seen my share of idiot boaters out there. However, when I was there in April they had Monroe county sheriff dedicated to patrolling the creek by Gilberts all weekend going after the idiot boaters & jet skiers. I will find out in 2 weeks if he is still patrolling. 

I don't see how the capt could not have been located and charged....you have a video, a vessel name, and someone who charged after the vessel.

What really really vex's me, is how someone, who is running a large yacht, who has to have had some type of training ??? would spin up in the Intercoastal to make a bridge?

I mean, he had to punch it, and as the kid in the video stated, he heard the spin up of the engines.....

I can see, "OK", maybe going a bit too fast in a no wake and not paying attention and throwing a wake...but, this ????

DC

• 2 months later...