Any suggestions for best sun hat that won’t blow off

FROZEN

On 6/7/2019 at 5:20 PM, FROZEN said:

All,

My head, face, and ears got fried last weekend on the boat. I was wearing a baseball hat, turned around when on a fast run. I know they don’t do a thing for ear burn, but I’ve tried wide brim type hats and can’t keep them on. With a chin strap, they still catch wind and become dislodged. The ones I have are cheap or free, and an internet search has thousands to choose from. My wife says slow down but I’m impatient. AND I have a lower windscreen.

Anyone have a tried and true favorite? Don’t care about cost if it works.

Slow down??? 😅🤣😂  Try a neck gaitor with your ball cap when running.

neck gaitor.PNG

On 6/23/2019 at 9:46 PM, justfish said:

I purchased a shelta too. Waiting for it to come to check out the hype  

After a week in the Keys, I realized mine was so worn it was toooo floopy so I finally needed to replace it. After 10 years, the shelta has big shoes to fill...we will see. 

Scott,

What did you think of the Shelta? Did you get the Firebird?

M

19 hours ago, FROZEN said:

Scott,

What did you think of the Shelta? Did you get the Firebird?

M

I got the sea bird I think. It’s nice 👍🏽. Took it out on boat and ran 40+ Trying to outrun a storm without it flopping upo. I don’t think it’s as cool as my other one, but might have been the color I chose, which is storm grey. 

After almost 10 years of great service, I gave mine a heck of a send off. Caught this tarpon this week, came home and the new one was on the porch...

You can see it’s flopping up on me in this pic. Ignore the white glasses I forgot mine and wife’s were in truck  

AEFFDCC5-B15D-4506-BE4C-711B3DBE50CF.jpeg

• Like 1