Evinrude launches new 3-cylinder E-TEC G2 Outboards

geeviam

...which includes a 115 H.O., 140 hp and 150 hp!

Even the biggest Yamadog 4-Stroke fan would have to be impressed, as am I.  At just a few pounds heavier the the VF115 SHO, I think the E-TEC G2 150 would be a nicely balanced powerpack for the Maverick HPX-V 18, to get over 60 smiles per hour!

Press release here: https://www.evinrude.com/en-US/press-releases/evinrude-launches-new-3-cylinder-e-tec-g2-outboards.html

A great BoatTest.com video review of the features here:

15 hours ago, mdemott said:

Sounds like a great answer to those who loved their two strokes but were abandoned by Yamaha, Mercury, Suzuki.

Ditto.....

1 hour ago, bernieNC said:

X2

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

I am hopeful I"d never need one....even though my 2 smoker is 25 yrs plus....but, something interesting to consider.....

DC

• Like 1

The new look of the Evinrude E-TEC G2 took some getting used to, when they first came out... but the new Mercury design is going to take even longer to warm up to.  I like this all-white option on the G2, and if you watch the whole video review - the advanced features are pretty cool.  I am very happy with my 115 SHO, but the low maintenance of the G2, along with the extra torque, and great fuel economy (without all the smoke/polution) - makes it worth a look.

• Like 1

From a recent article:

"The 1.9-liter Evinrude G2 is also offered at 140 and 150 horsepower, and at the 150 rating the Evinrude is suddenly svelte, 88 pounds lighter than the 2.8-liter Yamaha F150CA. Only the Evinrude G2 150 model is equipped with R.A.V.E. (Rotax Adjustable Valve Exhaust), a two-position exhaust port that broadens the power band. However, the 150 seemed to lack grunt when asked to push a well-loaded 1,950-pound Key West 203DFS dual-console runabout out of the hole; we waited through a lot of bow rise.

The Yamaha, the 3.0-liter Mercury 150 FourStroke, and the original 2.7-liter V6 Evinrude E-TEC G2 150 H.O. enjoy a big displacement advantage at 150 horsepower, so the 1.9-liter Evinrude 150 might be best-suited for easy-planing, lightweight hulls."

It’s still an Evinrude and it’s still an E-Tec. Lots and lots problems with G2 Etec.  It amazing BPR’s snowmobiles and other lines are bulletproof, yet they have never quite figured outboard realizability out.  Yes there are some that are quite satisfied,  but most that own them are not.  I do like how they look though.

• Like 1