Power Pole mounting location on Pathfinder

Flatschaser

Getting ready to install a 8’ Power Pole Pro on my 2001 Pathfinder 2200. The side I want to mount it on has a trim tab and Transducer with about 7” between them (see pic). My reasoning for mounting on this side is 1) I have full access behind it, 2) The pump with be right behind it, 3) I can route the hydro lines through the boot on that side and not have to drill holes for them as well. With that said the Power Pole Manual says nothing about obstructions to either side only that the motor doesn’t cause obstruction when turned. Will mounting where the square blue tape is cause any issues when the pole is down and flexing? I know about the engine mounts for the poles, all my previous boats have had poles directly mounted to the transom without any issues so I don’t have any issue mounting to transom. The opposite side  of the transom will have a swim platform so I would prefer this side if possible. Anyone else with a similar setup or advice? 

22A12FEA-94D6-46CE-A584-2F5252DF1BD8.jpeg

0350C034-78F4-4023-AB3A-1CF73967C769.jpeg

DFF263A3-8698-4965-897F-FFAC3FBEA398.jpeg

Should be fine there. 

I had mine up on the colored part only because I read about them producing a lot of spray when they are mounted below it. 

On my previous one I had the bracket which put it right in the middle of that ridge. But by going transom mount, you gotta pick one. 

I prefer it mounted low, to me it looks better. The less pole sticking up in the air the better. The lower the pole is mounted the deeper water it will hold in. My 2200 is a newer model but the PP is mounted in about the same spot. I have no problems with spray! On mine the water line (at rest) is about an inch below the bracket. If you mount it low make sure the bolt holes are well sealed.

796BFABC-6596-4F44-88C7-6DCF13A6A58F.jpeg

DD088F6F-1256-44DB-9F59-6920061BEBB4.jpeg

I’m on the Power Pole Pro Staff and have personally installed PPs on all 7 of my MBG boats......and countless others on friend’s boats.  I have always mounted them on the starboard side of the motor just below the color band.  Add me to the list of people that prefer the pole not sticking up so high above the motor.  I have never had an issue whatsoever with this mounting location and this dates back to 2006 and thousands of hours of use.   I notice that most dealers are mounting them “in the color” and it is a total turn off to me.  Especially if it is a 10’ PP.  Just looks ridiculous and is in the way of fishing if you are spot locked in deep with your trolling motor and fishing off the stern