Bass Seat Plate

finbully

On my 2019 2500, I ordered the bass seat plate. I'm not sure what sort of seat I can install on the threaded plate that was installed since it is more like a thru deck plate with a screw top. The bow mounted bass seats I am familiar with do not screw down, they stay put with a clip resting in a smooth finish cylinder. Does anyone else have this option and if so, where did you find a seat to mount to it? Will a standard bass seat mount and clip in the female threaded fitting? Thanks.

I have a thread on The Hull Truth to my boat showing part of what I did.  The thread is titled "2019 Pathfinder 2600 TRS Arrives: Now the work begins".  I found a company that makes stainless steel plates and ordered direct from them.  For the post I sat on my dad's bass boat and checked how high I wanted it and then ordered one longer because the receiver is actually a few inches below the deck.  For the seats I ordered custom from Llebroc that matches the material on the boat since they already make the helm chairs.   There are not threads on the boats receiver but you can use threaded posts.  I had one installed on the back deck during manufacture also.

On 6/27/2019 at 2:44 PM, Vapor Trail said:

I have a thread on The Hull Truth to my boat showing part of what I did.  The thread is titled "2019 Pathfinder 2600 TRS Arrives: Now the work begins".  I found a company that makes stainless steel plates and ordered direct from them.  For the post I sat on my dad's bass boat and checked how high I wanted it and then ordered one longer because the receiver is actually a few inches below the deck.  For the seats I ordered custom from Llebroc that matches the material on the boat since they already make the helm chairs.   There are not threads on the boats receiver but you can use threaded posts.  I had one installed on the back deck during manufacture also.

Thanks it seems that what I will need is a threaded post. I'm used to the standard bass seats so I suppose I should have investigated this option better before I spec'ed it with my boat order. Seems odd that MBG does not offer a seat for the receiver option they do offer. I asked Skip because I wanted the vinyl to match the rest of the vinyl in the boat but he told me they do not offer a seat. Odd but I'll get it figured out. Thanks for the thread tip.

There's no reason to buy a seat from anyone but LLebroc because they already make Pathfinder seats so they have the matching materials.  They are not expensive and there are a lot of styles to choose from.  Springfield makes the stainless bases.  The posts are 3/4" kingpin from SwivlEze or Springfield.  They are aluminum and any will work that don't have the extra reinforcing ring around the bottom.  I think they are 1.5" in diameter and they don't have to have threaded bases to use a threaded post.  The seat and post will not come out of the hole.  We were in some pretty heavy seas recently and those things do not come out.  The height of the post is your preference but remember to measure the difference between the deck you stand on and the top of the seat base which is about 2 or 3 inches down in there and add that to the post because they don't fit flush on the walking surface like a bass boat.

29 minutes ago, Vapor Trail said:

There's no reason to buy a seat from anyone but LLebroc because they already make Pathfinder seats so they have the matching materials.  They are not expensive and there are a lot of styles to choose from.  Springfield makes the stainless bases.  The posts are 3/4" kingpin from SwivlEze or Springfield.  They are aluminum and any will work that don't have the extra reinforcing ring around the bottom.  I think they are 1.5" in diameter and they don't have to have threaded bases to use a threaded post.  The seat and post will not come out of the hole.  We were in some pretty heavy seas recently and those things do not come out.  The height of the post is your preference but remember to measure the difference between the deck you stand on and the top of the seat base which is about 2 or 3 inches down in there and add that to the post because they don't fit flush on the walking surface like a bass boat.

Great information. Thank you!