Fighting Lady Yellow patch repair

Marlinsurfteam

Has anyone used the Spectrum Fighting Lady Yellow patch repair kits that are made for another boat manufacturer? I noticed they have the 2 oz kit for Key West, Jones Bros, Mako, and a few others.   Spoke to both Minicraft and Spectrum.  Neither will sell the Maverick FLY in small quantity.   Hull is an '03 MA.   I've got about quarter sized ding that I need to repair.   

I'm sure a fiberglass shop has a photo system that shots the actual boat paint  and creates a match formula they then produce into a paint sample.  I've done this with older house paint that needed a match. 15yr old paint was perfectly matched.  If you bring in the boat they'll shot the color match.  It's just trying to find a good shop that has the capability.

16 hours ago, Marlinsurfteam said:

Has anyone used the Spectrum Fighting Lady Yellow patch repair kits that are made for another boat manufacturer? I noticed they have the 2 oz kit for Key West, Jones Bros, Mako, and a few others.   Spoke to both Minicraft and Spectrum.  Neither will sell the Maverick FLY in small quantity.   Hull is an '03 MA.   I've got about quarter sized ding that I need to repair.   

I have. Mine is older hull than yours and conveniently Spectrum is located here in the nations oldest city so I ran by my boat by and they walked out with a meter and matched my hull color to stock gel coat and patch. Turns out the older oyster white after it fades is the same as a currently produced Grady White off white. It was near perfect match for mine. Probably not much help in your case but if you could figure out the shade or have a paint supplier maybe match a paint you could swash on something send to spectrum it may work. It was like 36 bucks for the products to repair it when all tallied.