3 transducers?/t top wiring

Kylesnookin

Hey gents, just broke a year on owning my dream boat, new to me 22 Pathfinder. Been on this forum for years reading and learning, it’s awesome! 

I have a couple questions I was hoping you all could help with.

1-while running some new wires I came across a through hull transducer that was hidden and loose in the bilge area. I have 2 others on either side of the transom as well and from what I can tell they are all hooked up to the Lowrance HDS8. Are 3 transducers common? I did a bunch of googling but couldn’t find anything to satisfy my curiosity. First time with this fancy of a unit so any help is appreciated!

2-what is the common and reliable way to connect wires on a folding t top to allow for disconnecting and folding it down? Previous owner had the wires ran straight with no disconnects because he never folded it down.

Thanks in advance folks!

Pathfinder in the early 2000’s, factory mounted a Lowrance transducer inside the hull.  With the right conversion plug, it might work on your machine, but you will not have any temperature readings.

Typically, on a older Lowrance HDS style fish finder you have two transducers, one conventional, and one for side scan.  The new HDS machines have a all in one transducer.