Time to step it up a notch

Goatro

What are the size on the speakers.  If the four larger ones are  8.8 they will truly need to have 200 watts to reach their potential. The amp can be bridged to run 2 of the 8.8 and still run the 7.7. You will then need a 400 amp bridge to run the other 2 8.8. 

The 8.8 will work as you plan but once installed unhook one pair of of the 8.8 and bridge the other pair. You will hear the difference. 

Not telling what to do, but the 8.8’s will over power the 7.7’s to the point on drowning them out. You’ll achieve better sound and be a hell of a lot louder if you return the 7.7’s and the 600/6, and put that cash to an 800/8. Run the 800/8 bridged to 200w x 4 to run the 4 - 8.8’s. It will hump, I promise! If you’re near NE FL, l’ll let you hear mine. I also have an HPS, so the acoustics will be similar. 

I hear what ya saying. I haven't finished the install. I may try out what you saying. But there were JL 6.5 installed in the console already. So i put some 7.7's in there place. I think this will be all I need for awhile. Thanks for the heads up. When i hook up the amp i'll give it go. Hope it doesn't overwhelm me and make me buy another amp. Thanks again.  

On 7/13/2019 at 11:44 AM, smilemaker said:

What are the size on the speakers.  If the four larger ones are  8.8 they will truly need to have 200 watts to reach their potential. 

Now I thought (and still do!) the same; but, I spoke to the JL rep at the iCast show and he said all they need is 100 watts.  Again, not disagreeing with you, just tell you what the rep said.

Not disagreeing that they only need 100 watts to work,  but to reach their full potential they need 200 watts.

A 22  te  pathfinder only needs 150 hp to function adequately  but put a 250 sho on it and you have a different  animal.

Neither should stop you from making the decision that is  best for you. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, smilemaker said:

Not disagreeing that they only need 100 watts to work,  but to reach their full potential they need 200 watts.

A 22  te  pathfinder only needs 150 hp to function adequately  but put a 250 sho on it and you have a different  animal.

Neither should stop you from making the decision that is  best for you. 

That's right. I did just that before I set up as I designed my system to run....I ran them at 100w/ea. before I bridged them to 200w/ea. Sure they work, and are loud, but when you put the juice to them, it's literally incomparable. The one thing I don't care for with it bridged, is the low volume hiss that's typical of a poor ground. Once a little music is going, you can't hear it, but it annoys my inner OCD. And yes, the ground is solid and clean.

Why stop at a 250 SHO, when you can tune it to 330?!? :D

I decided to drop this off at the shop and let those guys handle the install. I normally do this myself. But I let someone else handle it. What if I bridge the amp and put 2 speakers on one side. Will that make too much resistance and fry the amp. Now you got me thinking about installing another 600/6 and bridging all the speakers. 

When you start hooking speakers together you change the resistance and need to know what you are doing and how it relates to the amp.

I would  use as is for now and  later get a 400/4 to bridge 2 of them and run the other 2 bridged from the main amp.

Depending how much you want to experiment you can use the low pass filter on one set to kick out the highs and midrange and give it a little more gain to increase the base. Not as good as a sub but will improve the lows some.  Would not do both sets as you  might loose too much midrange.