My NON MBG Boat Remodel/build

MuddyBottomBluz

Well I picked up a 17 foot Roughneck with a 60 HP Johnson with 82 hours on it. I bass fished on this boat since new, my brother in law built the motor (powerhead only, everything else had zero hours) and rigged it, my buddy got lazy and decided he didn't want it no more. I asked, how much, he said for me $2,500 and I said sold!

One problem, side console! It was so snug and I am no longer skinny it was uncomfortable. At 250 pounds in a side console, it wasn't happening and NO, trim tabs would not have helped. Oh, another problem, cable steering, let go of the wheel the the motor would torque to the right and you were in trouble.

IMG_1694.JPG

IMG_1698.JPG

010.JPG

So I had a vision of a center console, to my standards and sizing, drew it up and sent it to who else, The Outlaw! AIM Welding came back with a price that was extremely reasonable and we proceeded with the build. What I got was nothing short of perfection! Made to my measurements and more. They called me with questions just to clarify a few things, even improved on my design, why, because they are fishermen. I had a 3" x 3" cut out in my shelf, they decided it should have a lip on it so stuff would not fall down the opening, smart!

IMG_1679.JPG

IMG_1675.JPG

IMG_1676.JPG

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1678.JPG

So then I put in all the wire chases in the floor, reinstall the foam and realized I have not thought about the floor? I called, you guessed it, The Outlaw and asked if he could help me out with this odd size of flooring in 6061 aluminum at an 1/8" thick? I think you all know what the answer was!

019.JPG

Jump in the truck, drive 50 minutes north and show up at Aim Welding and after the lady from the office and I were searching for him we almost gave up and decided he left to go fishing! Then we found him and he said he hadn't cut the sheet yet so what does he do, calls Scott, I believe the owner, and chops up a 49-1/2" x 79-1/8" piece of aluminum right then in there. They load it up and I am on my way. So we are now at the point of the heavy work being done and the rigging begins!

021.JPG

023.JPG

Thanks to to Ralph and the guy's and Gal's (the office lady is a trip, and truly the buck stops with her) they did everything based off of my drawings and measurements and nailed it! Now the rigging begins and I will post the completed photos when done.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Jump in the truck, drive 50 minutes north and show up at Aim Welding and after the lady from the office and I were searching for him we almost gave up and decided he left to go fishing!

1 hour ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Oh the fishing was spectacular !

No joke, he left at 12:30 P.M. for the keys, I got there at 11 A.M.! They thought he was already gone. When I picked up my center console he was in the Bahama's fishing so we just thought what anybody else would think?!

Thanks again Ralph, new fuel tank and a poling platform is in the future! Just have to spoon feed all this to the wife, the T-top for the bayboat may take a little longer!:D  

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Well it's been a while but it is done and almost back on the water, tracking down an overheat issue but very happy with the results. Thanks to AIM Welding for the great console and the floor, every measurement I put on paper they delivered exactly! Coto might recognize something on the console that is helping with my prop testing for the new layout. Very happy, had her up to 46 MPH already but still testing. Thanks again to The Outlaw and the team over at AIM welding!!👍

Don't know why they are coming out sideways???

IMG_2249.JPG

IMG_2245.JPG

IMG_2246.JPG

IMG_2247.JPG

IMG_2248.JPG

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Well it's been a while but it is done and almost back on the water, tracking down an overheat issue but very happy with the results. Thanks to AIM Welding for the great console and the floor, every measurement I put on paper they delivered exactly! Coto might recognize something on the console that is helping with my prop testing for the new layout. Very happy, had her up to 46 MPH already but still testing. Thanks again to The Outlaw and the team over at AIM welding!!👍

Don't know why they are coming out sideways???

IMG_2249.JPG

IMG_2245.JPG

IMG_2246.JPG

IMG_2247.JPG

IMG_2248.JPG

So, is this going to be sold to fund a certain 17 MA project?  

2 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

It is very possible that may occur!

Well, we will have your MA cult fanboy pin, cap, and certificate ready to be sent to you upon successful entry.  There are a few rules to be part of the club you will be made aware of (such as: you can never leave the cult, you must spit on egrets when you see them, and you must periodically and randomly poke the MBG folks to put the hull back into production).   We can go over all these during your initiation ceremony on the first full moon following your purchase.   

• Haha 1