2003 24 Pathfinder fuel tank replacement

Jstov

I think my tank has started to leak. My question is has anyone been able to remove the section inside the lip for the console and be able to lift the tank out that way? This way I wouldn’t have to cut into the factory deck and the cut will be hidden under the console. 

I don't think that will be enough space, but maybe someone has some first hand experience.  The tank is around 80 gallons so it is pretty long.  I have a friend that may need the same thing on the same boat soon. 

Please let us know what you find when you get into it.  Also pictures will be useful!  Good luck

I had to replace tank on my 2004 several years back.  I had to unbolt and slide console forward. Made the cut on top of stringers as shown.  was able to remove and replace without removing seat or completely un-rigging.  A fiberglass guy re-used cut out and repaired deck.  The tank is/was made at a place in Perry, FL (original per sticker on old tank) called them & new tank received in short time... (Ezell Industries ?)

Good luck

Pathfinder Gas Tank 1.JPG