To Be or Not To Be?

jensenjeff

I e-mailed our timeshare place, have known them and been patrons for over 30+ years. I will wait to hear a response from the president who is extremely active in the Monroe County Hotel & business industry. He will provide the meat and potatoes of the situation.

Already missed one timeshare in April, don't want to miss my other in June. Maintenance fees at $500/per unit annually and not being able to use it is not good! And I forgot my reading glasses when we signed contracts that long ago, but I have a feeling this falls under that "ACT OF GOD" clause.☢️☣️

Here is the official word I got from our timeshare folks

Hi  Alan, 

Hope all is well with you...different kinda strange these days for sure. I SURE HOPE YOU HEARD RUMORS!!! ...........I honestly believe everyone is concerned on how to open hospitality and we are all talking about ideas etc., ,  so there will be a lot of mis information circulating just like with everything else of news worthy comes "fake news"...lol.

The ONLY things we are sure of is a June 1 "re-opening" tentatively set by Monroe County April 2....subject to change as they stated:   https://www.monroecounty-fl.gov/1169/COVID-19-Coronavirus

is the best reference we can offer. We have returned to the office on limited basis to prep policy for safe return of guests when "they" say it is safe to do so. I understood lodging and the road were to be last to open in the planned phases but we will all know more as the weeks pass with other areas re-opening first...we can learn from their "going first"!

It being May 7, we certainly will have a better picture the closer we get to June 1. We are ready to return to normal activity but also want to be safe. We will be expected to behave differently, it will be a learning curve for us all.

Stay well, be safe. We look forward to seeing you..fingered crossed we are cleared to go.

Fondly, 

Bernadette                   
Anchorage Resort & Yacht Club
107800 Overseas Highway
Key Largo, Fl 33037
arycfla@aol.com
305-451-0500

• 2 weeks later...

Barring any unforeseen changes occurring, oh say such as and Increase in cases, them being overwhelmed by the Idiots in South Florida, and there are many. There are certain aspects of the South Florida community who feel entitled and do not care what repercussions their actions have on anyone or anything else, I know I live with them daily!

Monroe county just simply does not have the resources to deal with a major outbreak in their community.

• Like 1