To Be or Not To Be?

jensenjeff

15 hours ago, hawg said:

If you have a time-share. I would think they would let you past the roadblocks. Technically speaking, you are a property owner. Call the Monroe County Sheriffs Office and ask them.

I wish that were true on the Outer Banks.  I am a home owner there and not allowed to go to my home.  😡

1 hour ago, Chief5130 said:

I wish that were true on the Outer Banks.  I am a home owner there and not allowed to go to my home.  😡

You must be speaking of your secondary home, and not your primary residence.  Correct?  Even if it is your secondary home, you should be able to drive to it and stay there, as long as you are traveling in your own car and not carrying a bus load of people, IMO.  If you're coming from a high risk area out of state, like New York... that's another story.

9 hours ago, geeviam said:

You must be speaking of your secondary home, and not your primary residence.  Correct?  Even if it is your secondary home, you should be able to drive to it and stay there, as long as you are traveling in your own car and not carrying a bus load of people, IMO.  If you're coming from a high risk area out of state, like New York... that's another story.

If it is your second home, they still are not letting you down there in OBX. Of course, you could take a boat across the sound... 

On 4/11/2020 at 9:41 AM, geeviam said:

I live about 90 minutes away.  It is our second home.  They are not allowing Non Resident Owners across the bridge.  I do not want to stay there, just want to go shut it down.

If you pay property taxes for the house then you should be allowed in, you are a property owner Bottom line! I would inquire about them reducing your property taxes accordingly to account for the time you were not allowed to access said property. I don't see how they are allowed to get away with that? 

Timeshares are a different animal, yes in my case it is deeded to me, however Monroe county closed all hotels, motels, etc. so the facility is where my timeshare is located is closed. 

On 4/11/2020 at 7:51 AM, Chief5130 said:

Tyson:

I got in before they closed the County to everyone but permanent residents.  Been in Hatteras for nearly a month and enjoying the solitude.  Problem is I didn't bring the boat as I didn't think I would be here this long or that I would be unable to re-enter if I left.  I'm working on a solution to get it here as fishing should start getting pretty good soon.

1 hour ago, rckeat said:

Tyson:

I got in before they closed the County to everyone but permanent residents.  Been in Hatteras for nearly a month and enjoying the solitude.  Problem is I didn't bring the boat as I didn't think I would be here this long or that I would be unable to re-enter if I left.  I'm working on a solution to get it here as fishing should start getting pretty good soon.

We were headed down that day for a planed visit.

Want me to run the boat down??

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just heard the bad news on our local NBC affiliate out of West Palm Beach that Monroe County will not be opened for non residents through the month of May and possibly sometime into June. So at least I know for sure now and will have to wait till next May to enjoy my timeshare, bummed out big time!! Good news is that I live in a pretty fishy area and  have some great options here on the Treasure Coast.